For Sale New 1966 300 left taillight lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This is new not NOS. I did however reproduce the lenses from a NOS lens. This is for the left side/drivers side colored lenses only. The red is a perfect match to the original color. I used a UV protected urethane resin, it is extremely durable.

Cost $250 plus shipping

20181227_090015.jpg
20181227_090046.jpg
20181227_090102.jpg

Congratulations. All that hard work has paid off. I take it that $250.00 is per side, great price. I will be getting a set very soon.

Congratulations. All that hard work has paid off. I take it that $250.00 is per side, great price. I will be getting a set very soon.
Yes that is just for the left side. I have been working to make the right side, but on every used lens the top screw hold is broken, so no mold for the right side yet. I am thinking I may be able to graft a section from the left side to complete the lens.

I have had Murray looking though his yard for a partial lens, but he says they disintegrate when he tries to take them apart, so they can't even be glued back together.

Last edited:
VERY nice - I'm sure the guys with those cars will be glad to have them. Be sure to let me know if you start re-producing same for '67 New Yorkers........

Wow, they look great. I know how hard it is to find nice '66 tail lenses.

Thanks, very hard for the outer wrap around lens. I looked for 5 years for mine and knew of 2 sales, in that time period, that I missed. When I found and bought my lens about a year ago, I was at the beginning stages to try and reproduce the lens, so I decided it was meant to be. :)

Thanks, very hard for the outer wrap around lens. I looked for 5 years for mine and knew of 2 sales, in that time period, that I missed. When I found and bought my lens about a year ago, I was at the beginning stages to try and reproduce the lens, so I decided it was meant to be. :)
GREAT that you're re-producing these. Only thing worse than these are those pesky( but attractive) turn signal indicators for '67 Imps. A guy in Australia was re-doing them about a decade ago, but none since then. Even NOS ones are now brittle, 50+ year old plastic...........and you have to be REAL careful where you park them.........

$_4.jpg

GREAT that you're re-producing these. Only thing worse than these are those pesky( but attractive) turn signal indicators for '67 Imps. A guy in Australia was re-doing them about a decade ago, but none since then. Even NOS ones are now brittle, 50+ year old plastic...........and you have to be REAL careful where you park them.........

View attachment 240015

I agree, @detmatt just came into many Imperial parts including some '67 turn lenses. He was also kind enough to loan to me some lenses for future reproduction, so I am strongly considering them for the future. Plus they are just too cool.

67 imperial lf.jpg

I agree, @detmatt just came into many Imperial parts including some '67 turn lenses. He was also kind enough to loan to me some lenses for future reproduction, so I am strongly considering them for the future. Plus they are just too cool.

View attachment 240030
I'd put a survey on the OIC (Online Imperial Club) to see how many are interested before investing too much time/energy into it. I have managed to collect a few over the years, but haven't seen any in a good while............

I'd put a survey on the OIC (Online Imperial Club) to see how many are interested before investing too much time/energy into it. I have managed to collect a few over the years, but haven't seen any in a good while............
I appreciate that, I kind of ran into that last year when I started making the mold for the '66 300, all of the sudden I saw a couple of lenses come up for sale. People who had them squirreled away thought they better sell them now, before theirs lost value.

I just picked up several ‘67 cornering lenses for the Imps but that’ll be for another thread.:thumbsup:

Great work. I'll bet having both available will help sales. Could you "epoxy" then finish (smooth) the damaged rt. side area for a mold?

Good luck!

Mike I may have a NOS right side I could loan you to make a mold from. I will check and see if it is complete

Mike I may have a NOS right side I could loan you to make a mold from. I will check and see if it is complete

Wow that would be great! Let me know, I would send you back your lens and a New one for your troubles. I only really need the outside wrap around lens, my inner lens is in very good condition.

Wow that would be great! Let me know, I would send you back your lens and a New one for your troubles. I only really need the outside wrap around lens, my inner lens is in very good condition.

I will check this weekend and send you a PM and some pictures....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back