New here- '69 Fury III Convertible.

'69FuryIIIConvertible

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
A friend suggested to Forum, I'm Nick, I'm 17, Have a '93 Chevy truck and I've got a '69 Fury III Convertible that I'm slowly restoring. Bought it and a '69 Fury III Convertible parts car back in August for $400, and stripped the parts car and I'm just getting ready to start restoring my car. I'm an Apprentice Mechanic and that pretty much sums me up.

GEDC2666.jpg

GEDC2725.jpg

GEDC3076.jpg

GEDC3077.jpg

GEDC3096.jpg

GEDC3097.jpg

GEDC3255.jpg

:welcome:Welcome to the site Nick. It's great to see a young guy enter the hobby with an interest in our old Mopars. Your youthful energy will come in handy with the restoration of your 69 convertible.
What are your plans for the car...? It looks like a good candidate for a resto-mod. Keep us informed of your progress and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Welcome aboard Nick!

:sFl_america2:

I'm glad you decided to restore the Fury Vert. Good job!!! Nice friendly, knowledgeable people that can help you on this site. Keep us up to date on your project. Don't forget to post plenty of pictures.

Welcome. The brown one looks to be complete and as a good starting point for an original resto with the other one as a backup/parts car but he'll let us know what he has on his mind.:)

I love the 69 Fury, add the Sport Fury accents to it, you wont regret it.

Welcome Welcome Welcome

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Thanks Guys, as far as the whole which is better, the White car has metal in the frame rails and sub frame, the Brown car had nothing left of the frames.

Also the whole Brown car was halfassed. where it looks good is nothing but Bondo, and riveted on Aluminum sheet.

I'm saving the only car I can, as far as plans, keeping it fairly stock, just going to get it back together with little improvements here or there as I go, Body is going to be all metal when I'm done, a friend is going to paint it (he owns a bodyshop) The rest I'm going to do. I'm an Apprentice Mechanic and my boss is quite impressed so far at the fact that I've been able to do as much as I have on my own (that's right I stripped my parts car by myself in less than month.) Learning to do quite a few things along the way, things that may come in handy.

GEDC3093.jpg

GEDC3082.jpg

Only got worse from there, but it's gone to the great Junk yard in the sky now.
GEDC3206.jpg

However, my white/ Green car (was and will be F8 Ivy Green Poly) is very solid other than the floors and front fenders, 1/4's have their issue too. Just some small stuff underneath for me to do. I've got a Mig and will take care of the cancer shortly.
GEDC3515.jpg

GEDC3525.jpg

GEDC3520.jpg

GEDC3521.jpg

Nick

Nick, dont let it go with the top mechanism or the convertible pump. You may want to save the heater box as well. For that matter, pull as much as you can and save it. At some point, you'll either need it or be able to sell it off to make a buck or help someone out....

Looks like the rust isn't limited to the frames of the brown car, how do you plan to address the rust issues on the keeper?

Very Sure. About the F8, I ended up leaving the Parts car nearly bare, only left the suspension. I plan to Weld up and patch any rust on my Fury, not going to be full of bondo or Fiberglass.

Nick

Last edited:
Welcome Nick, yep iam the person that sent u here (scooby Holt on facebook), i figured u would love this place, keep the restoration pictures coming

Please tell me you pulled all the pull-able stuff of the car....pretty please.

I have a feeling Nick is also a scale model builder :)
I am a fan of green as well Nick.

Bob

Back