New member 1966 Newport.. 383 question

Welcome! Your problem is a common one. Follow some of this advice and enjoy!

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I know what you mean; I never missed my Dad more than the first time I wanted to ask him a mechanical question and he was no longer there to take my call. Next month marks 23 years.

Be blessed in your mourning. It's OK to cry....

Lol thanks guys and I love the fuzzy dice.. and yes she's very pretty.. my latest worry is that I got stuck in the rain with her last night I came out this morning and found this small bubble.. then after the sun came out it went away! I've concluded that the clear coat has a slight crack init at that spot so tomorrow I'm going to fill it in with some clear and hope that helps. Also if anyone is near Nj I'm going to be looking for a place to store her inside from like dec-march I can't justify keeping her outside under a cover since she's been in a garage her whole life.. here is a pick of the bubble this morning and it litterally went away by 12 noon when the sun came out.. never seen anything like it but I'm no body guy..

IMG_4948.JPG

IMG_4946.JPG

IMG_4947.JPG

That looks like an adhesion problem most likely due to poor prep of the metal/previous paint job. It would look different if it were only the clear lifting.

Why would it disappear in the sun tho?! lol and I can see a small crack if I fill that with clear coat will it stop it from happening again

Why would it disappear in the sun tho?! lol and I can see a small crack if I fill that with clear coat will it stop it from happening again

Not sure why it would disappear in the sun. It will probably continue to happen. It looks to be about the size of a finger. My money is on someone touching it prior to paint and the oils from their hand adhered to the surface and weren't removed.

Back