New Member, 1967 Imperial

I expected it to take six months. I’ve heard stories of taking this long but those were bigger projects. I think it’s partly because I’m underpaying and it’s more work than he thought so he’s lacking a lot of incentive to wrap it up.

I expected it to take six months. I’ve heard stories of taking this long but those were bigger projects. I think it’s partly because I’m underpaying and it’s more work than he thought so he’s lacking a lot of incentive to wrap it up.
Well open up your wallet you cheapskate!:poke:

Seriously though, if he doesn’t feel like he’s making enough where is the incentive to do quality work?

Some people don’t realize these cars surface area is about equal to 2- mustangs

Well open up your wallet you cheapskate!:poke:

Seriously though, if he doesn’t feel like he’s making enough where is the incentive to do quality work?
That’s not entirely fair. I’m paying him the full amount of what he asked, and have offered to pay extra for extra items. He’s squandered a fair bit through bad decision making, like paying others to do upholstery in order to get it “done” faster rather than doing it himself. He’s actually an upholsterer by trade, I never told him to rush, and this was last year!

I’ve just made progress payments of most of the price so by doing all the work to put it back together he only gets a couple hundred more dollars.

There’s some interaction of family stuff with my friend and her uncle. I’m following her lead on whether or not to pay more.

I’m basically game but don’t want to incentivize stringing me along.

So went down today. A real downer. Poor reassembly quality. Tail lights not operable. Pinstripes were the wrong color and tape not paint! Biggest issue, though, is that he broke the cornering lamp lens on the right side.

I’ll be putting up some posts soon with pics showing the assembly issues. Any pics of ‘67s to show how they’re supposed to fit up will be appreciated.

Also, any line on a cornering lamp?

I think I’m going to take my friends advice and move the car somewhere else to finish it. I don’t have confidence that the details are going to get done right to get it finished. I don’t know how I’ll work out the money issue, but it will have to be worked out.

Sigh. Bipolar owner is on a downswing again.

So sorry to hear about your setback! I’m sure there are ‘67 owners that can help with assembly questions. The cornering lenses do come up from time to time but never cheap for good quality.

1967 Chrysler Imperial Park & Corner Light Lamp Lens NOS RARE – Classic NOS Parts

upload_2018-7-19_21-5-57.png

Sorry to hear, that sucks! The last NOS cornering lamp lens I bought was $335 and the one before that was close to $300 iirc..
There’s really only one way that the lens can go on and have the 4 screws line up so your guy, well he might be an idiot. Let me know what you need pics of.

Thanks. That’s a couple hundred cheaper than I feared.

I don’t think he put them on wrong. I think someone bashed it with a cart or something. My phone was full so I couldn’t take pictures, but my colleague did and I’ll post them up.

On a brighter note, I looked at the pics from when I bought it and just before i took it down. It had had some not-perfect repair done in the past with overspray in the wheel wells. You could see different color and texture in a flash photo. By the time it went for paint, the salt air had caused a lot of surface rust.

So it’s good to be reminded that it wasn’t an unmolested survivor when I took it down. This will get fixed and it will be a nice driver, better than before.

It will be fine.

Then I can start on the engine and transmission!

So I heard back from Classic NOS Parts, and the price seemed to be fine, but I looked at the picture again and it's hard to tell if it's complete.

Can anyone tell me if the lens is a single piece of plastic, or if there's an inner piece? Here's my broken lamp and the pic from CNP (sorry for swiping it!)

1967-Chry-Imperial-Park-Corner-LL-Lens-e1528140812649.jpg

IMG_9134.jpg

If you look closely at my lens, there appears to be two layers of plastic, but I'm not sure if that's the case or just the way it delaminated when it broke.

It is in fact 2 layers on the side with the eagle.

Oh, so if my "eagle side" is intact, I can replace the outer lens? I think I need to take more pics. Bolsters my thought that someone came by with a cart or something and bashed it.

The eagle is an inner panel that is fused in place in a couple of spots.

Arrrgh! The listing was out of date. They no longer have the part.

At least I know more about how they are packaged.

Matt, do you think you could reasonably reuse the inner part with a new outer lens, or is it something that would need to be bonded from the start?

Back