New Member - 69 300 Convertible

Quick, roll the windows down before Dave sees it!
I think it looks great the way it is, love the color combo, don't mind the wheel covers but road wheels would look better. I would never think of changing out the grille on one of these but everybody has there own taste, just please don't do anything that can't be undone and hold onto any original parts you might remove from it. One more thing, shorten the exhaust tips.

Don't take this the wrong way but, WHY THE HELL WOULD ANYONE PUT UGLY CHEVY/FORD HIP-HOP WHEELS ON A CLASSIC MOPAR?!?!?!? Please, save your money for gas and cruise!

Ahem..sorry, had to get that out. Welcome to the forum! That is a beautiful car as-is, color, interior, caps, options. Is that a tray of classic 8 track tapes in the trunk? Even the very destructive trunk mat looks at home. How's the top?

I love the 71 grille, but it punctuates the disappointment that Chrysler couldn't find the need to create a 71 vert. On the other hand, it is a '69 and that was the last year of the classic 300 cross bars with medallion. Have I said classic too many times? Like Matt said, do what you want, but save the parts, if you hang here long enough you will come to desire all the cool stock stuff Chrysler did back in the day.

N I C E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wtg:

attachment.php

I agree. Leave the car alone and if you want to put a set of road wheels on it so be it. Don't mess with perfection!!!!!

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. You got yer self a 69' 300. If you want the 71' Grill, better you go and purchase the entire car behind that grill, Then you will have your 71' Grill without doing surgery on your nice 69'. Easy Peasey.

OK OK, I get it... there are A LOT of purists on here!
I am CERTAINLY NOT looking to put anything ridiculous as those wheels pictured...

The Dice were the FIRST things to go! :drunken_smilie:
I solved my wheel issue with a set of Ridler Wheels... am keeping the originals for posterity.

Now having a problem with Heater/AC control being stuck on Max AC but hot air coming out vents...
AC compressor is brand new (Just had it replaced and system evacuated and fully charged).. so I think it's a vacuum problem...
May need to find that vacuum controller piece that attaches to the buttons behind the dash...

It's 2:45 AM, I all hopped up on Nyquil and I can't remember the name of the part so please forgive.

Anyway... will probably leave the grill as is and may just end up selling the 71 Grill parts... IDK...

Thanks for all your support...

I'm headed to Barrett Jackson Saturday... I'll keep ya posted on my progress.!

JK

You can't swap the 71 grille without swapping front bumpers. In 71 Chrysler started using the Newport front bumpers, thus relocating the front tern signal lenses from the grille to the bumper.

Put a 71 Grille into a 69/70 front bumper, and you lose your front turn signals. I just don't want you to waste any $$$.

Advice

You can't swap the 71 grille without swapping front bumpers. In 71 Chrysler started using the Newport front bumpers, thus relocating the front tern signal lenses from the grille to the bumper.

Put a 71 Grille into a 69/70 front bumper, and you lose your front turn signals. I just don't want you to waste any $$$.

Thanks Mr C, I really appreciate the advice!

very nice !! is it original paint? solid body and underneath?
Original paint, body has issues and the vinyl roof is obviously missing. The car is a running project, but garnered alot of attention this Saturday tooling around Northern New Jersey, and then I got the exhaust reconnected! :sSig_thanks:

i agree with the road wheels, but that's just me. how bad are the body issues?

Original paint, body has issues and the vinyl roof is obviously missing. The car is a running project, but garnered alot of attention this Saturday tooling around Northern New Jersey, and then I got the exhaust reconnected! :sSig_thanks:

Welcome. To try to address some of your questions....

Center caps on Mopars are larger than any other company. So, while Ford and AMC wheels will fit, they won't without a spacer on the front - as you have learned. Converting to '73 and newer disks will help with that. I was able to dump the spacers I was using on my Ford Shelby Cal 500s I am using once I did that.

(Some will scream that Ford wheels - and others - will break off. "It will happen!!!" they will swear!!! Have had mine on for over ten years. No problems, but I do prefer no spacers either.)

The AC switch can, indeed, simply fail one day without warning. Mine did while driving back from a mountain community with my top down. My heater just simply would not come on a the button just... broke. The good news is the switch behind these buttons was the same for years! The same one was in my '62, my '79, and my '70. They are readily available. You take out the control from your dash, replace the switch mechanism, and replace. BUT!!! It is kind of a PITA to get out of your dash. You have to come from underneath and remove the radio first. Have fun!!!

Here's one of several I just found on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3895033-Hea...ash=item1e6f66d82e:g:Ui0AAOSwyQtVu-uF&vxp=mtr

Back