New member with 77 Newport

It's in the muffler shop getting a new dual exhaust system installed :)

The muffler that was on it was making too much back pressure, most likely a few baffles got loose and plugged it up. This should sort it out!

And I found out while driving it there that the cruise works LOL!

cheers

Don't t forget to update us with pics and that video!!!!! lol

Well I have been driving the white whale (weather permitting) and I've put about 1000 km's on the rebuild in the last few weeks.

So far so good with no big issues, still have to fix the fuel gauge lol. Lots of torque from the 440, barely have to downshift. She runs so much better than when I first bought her, it's a combination of loosing the lean-burn with a new electronic distributor, a performance cam, new carb and free flowing exhaust, it's a totally different car.

Oh and gas can be purchased for about 90 cents/L on the local rez.

cheers

What's the latest on your Newport? I have a 77 Newport as well....Canadian to boot...and just loved this thread. Did you sell it? How much did you get for it? Hope you kept it. Thanks for sharing this adventure.

What's the latest on your Newport? I have a 77 Newport as well....Canadian to boot...and just loved this thread. Did you sell it? How much did you get for it? Hope you kept it. Thanks for sharing this adventure.

You might want to PM him......

He must of sold it. We haven't heard from him since June 23rd.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Ended up doing a little horse trading and traded it for a pair of Ford Fairlane's, a 66 and a 67 lol.

19554771_1565410476837434_6789466325610898445_n_zpsu72iaiix.jpg

cheers

Back