New pop ads on bottom of page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a gold member, but I use my mobile and I get one pop-up when I open that's it.
One of the other sites I am one had this issue, all the members stopped visiting the site for a week or two and they went away. With no traffic, they quickly got rid of the ads.

This is the only site that I’m gold on but I visit a couple of the others and noticed those large ads too but they don’t interfere with my use of the site. Are some experiencing it worse than others?

I use brave, an ad blocking browser. It blocked all ads on this site without being gold. Until this crap.

Pop up video adds have been upgraded to now run directly on top of site content. Of course it has the tiny x that you can try to hit but more than likely you will be hijacked.

Screenshot_20231119_084317_Chrome.jpg

Mine just started today. I can't even see what I'm typing on the phone. Agree . . . they gotta go!

the video ads should not be here - I'll look into the cause and get it fixed asap
Today was the first time that I’ve had to tap “X” to make a video pop up go away when following me and taking up space. It even appeared to look like part of one member’s quote—at first.

Thank you Joey for getting on this.

Does going for the Gold help get rid of the regular ads like for Temu etc.?

My screen as a gold member on IPhone. No adds. Gold Cost’s about as much as two -three trips to McDonald’s per year or One trip to Hardee’s. Well worth it.

IMG_7664.png

I would like to believe that the reason a person would choose to take on a paid membership would be to support a site that they enjoy.
If the primary reason is to avoid harassment then it seems like you might be frequenting the wrong sites.
I'm in the place in life where I am not limited by that level of cost. I would never feel it.
But I do struggle with giving in to avoid the frustration.

How the **** is this acceptable.
This is the same as some ******* hitting me in the face as I walk into Wal-Mart. How many minutes before they would be removed from Wal - mart entrance.
Here I have to pay to not get digitally abused.

Screenshot_20231119-195708.png

the video ads should not be here - I'll look into the cause and get it fixed asap - no need to keep posting about it.

Today was the first time that I’ve had to tap “X” to make a video pop up go away when following me and taking up space. It even appeared to look like part of one member’s quote—at first.

Thank you Joey for getting on this.

Does going for the Gold help get rid of the regular ads like for Temu etc.?

Yes, gold members get no ads ---

I can't make through the thread without quitting because those pop-ups cover my entire screan.
It's a horror show Joey. It really sucks now.

Hello FCBO admin team,
Good morning,
The video that keeps popping up trying to tell me about the universe and G body GM cars is quite annoying. I don't think the universe can be learned about in a 5 min video, and I've owned a number for GM G bodies. So, I think I'm good. Whatever you can do to make this disappear would be awesome. I didn't put it there, I thought maybe it was just my home laptop. But, I'm here on my work computer and it won't go away. Please understand, if it where a video showing the winning lottery number I'd be all in.

Thanks, and have a Blessed Thanksgiving week

: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back