New to me 78 NYB on its way but please Don't tell my wife

I can't help but think that if the bean counters at Chrysler would have just lowered the price of the Imperial's, they would never have disappeared until 81'. Big mistake in my eye....
Just sayin

From what I’ve read so far. There was some decontenting of this body style in the shift from Imperial to New Yorker in 76. The loss of the rear disks, change in the quality of the dash surrround both come to mind.

Loss of some options as well occurred in the shift.

Don’t buy from this vendor. Five days after sale I contacted them to inquire as to why it was not showing as shipped. No answer. Next day I tried to cancel order to free up the cash to go with a more reputable vendor (one of his reviews I saw after I pushed buy it now literally said RUN!!!!)
Lesson learned. 99% or better only from now on. Cost me 10 needlessly lost days.

At least he refunded the money today. The day it was supposed to arrive.

It’s also the day I was going to open a case for complaint.

But, then again, I’m sure they knew that.

No excuse for No communication

2E851BE4-CAC8-41B6-B7B1-765B0E871BCE.jpeg

Update... got a message from the vendor.

“radsus sent a message about 1974-1978 Imperial/New Yorker/Newport/Monaco/FuryGrand Fury New Heater Core #122315109780

Thank you for your order. The length of the core for the heater core is 1.5 inches to short and will mot mount properly. The manufacturer is aware and has recalled item. The corrected/enhanced item will be available apprx 4/28/2018. We apologize for inconvience and have issued a full refund. If you have any questions please do no…”

Yet, he is still selling the same part.

BS

For tomorrow:

Rebuild carb.... again now the other well is leaking.
Change out the heater hoses .... while waiting for the epoxy to set.
Disconnect passenger seat and unbolt to move it back for access to the evaporator.
Take out lower dash valence, kick panels, and door (in reverse order).

And that’s enough.

Be lucky if I get that done.

For tomorrow:

Rebuild carb.... again now the other well is leaking.
Change out the heater hoses .... while waiting for the epoxy to set.
Disconnect passenger seat and unbolt to move it back for access to the evaporator.
Take out lower dash valence, kick panels, and door (in reverse order).

And that’s enough.

Be lucky if I get that done.
The front seats are very easy to remove if you take off the doors first :rolleyes:

That’s precisely what I’m trying to avoid! And.... I really don’t want to rip or mar the really nice leather.
A heavy blanket on the seats is a must. They unbolt easy, but are too heavy to be any fun to move around in there.

Back