New to me 78 NYB on its way but please Don't tell my wife

Sealer holds.

Out to downtown and a wedding. Beautiful evening.

939AD4E9-CC13-42B5-A4A4-D3B59983820A.jpeg

I'm sure you will but I would replace the valve guides and seals and get a valve job on the heads since you'll have them off.
You've been reading Javier's work... normal good advice is unnecessary... you should be telling him to use a magnetic drain plug to catch any metal when he breaks in the new engine. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing it will go like this... heads removed... cylinder bore wear is confirmed... several $k later a perfectly detailed new engine compartment is revealed. The wildcard in all of this will be if it becomes a pure stock build, or if he will upgrade anything while in there.

You've been reading Javier's work... normal good advice is unnecessary... you should be telling him to use a magnetic drain plug to catch any metal when he breaks in the new engine. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing it will go like this... heads removed... cylinder bore wear is confirmed... several $k later a perfectly detailed new engine compartment is revealed. The wildcard in all of this will be if it becomes a pure stock build, or if he will upgrade anything while in there.
Which is why I hadn’t done it yet. Thinking about just pulling the damn engine out and rebuilding it with perhaps a little more lift cam. For now it runs ok.

Which is why I hadn’t done it yet. Thinking about just pulling the damn engine out and rebuilding it with perhaps a little more lift cam. For now it runs ok.
C'mon now, you've already made the call to CME, haven't you? :poke: Drop Bob's name and probably save a few hundred!

Quite honestly I keep :poke: you about it to make you more committed.
Somebody has to give their life in getting it done.
Your efforts will not have been in vain, Jav.
:rofl:I'm sure glad you've been working the Jedi mind games on Javier instead of m...HEY... DANG... so that's how I became the Formal warehouse... :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

It’s a four door hardtop with all the windows down and sunroof open kind of day....zooming around in my own personal parade float

6FA2BB8B-8D72-4A0A-810A-D9FDED06AD1E.jpeg

21F7C014-76C2-4281-B99E-8DBD10F0000D.jpeg

Life is good!

Back