New to me 78 NYB on its way but please Don't tell my wife

Funny Thing. Just a few hours ago I wondered about this monstrosity in an interior shot of a 1978 Barnaby Jones Episode. At least you can consider this to be period correct. :D

Screenshot (2).png

Last edited:
Family started showing up at 10am looking hungry.... fun day postponed until after Christmas. Oh well......

Merry Christmas!

Little project I sneaked in yesterday after family left but too late to go to the yard..... had been meaning to get to since I got the car.

FB1B90B6-2490-49B3-BF26-77F656FA8209.jpeg

The covers for the front seat belt buckles I had found in the trunk... broken... but still with the car. I’m thinking the PO just never got around to fixing them. The drivers side needed a little dab of epoxy to make up for the missing clip portion of the cover. Left it overnight and, for Christmas Day, it was fine.

D4DDA114-BC3E-4185-A461-5D9B11E7D389.jpeg

Here it was this morning after I removed the clamp.

30E311FD-9A07-448F-BD53-0FCF721BF513.jpeg

Passenger side cover was broken in two but still had all the clip ends intact.... if a little loose

4299BE21-BD15-43B2-B74E-AC3AF918460D.jpeg

Glued the two parts together with plastic bonding glue. A dab of epoxy made up for the play nicely.

FA6352EB-FDEE-41EA-832B-D4B4197F8F21.jpeg

Polishing the door sills and peddle bezels took the better part of an hour but well worth the effort.

9C642E94-11FF-40C6-81F6-84A115AC21E7.jpeg

Here’s a close up.

Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited:
Little project I sneaked in yesterday after family left but too late to go to the yard..... had been meaning to get to since I got the car.

View attachment 239692
The covers for the front seat belt buckles I had found in the trunk... broken... but still with the car. I’m thinking the PO just never got around to fixing them. The drivers side needed a little dab of epoxy to make up for the missing clip portion of the cover. Left it overnight and, for Christmas Day, it was fine.

View attachment 239693
Here it was this morning after I removed the clamp.

View attachment 239694
Passenger side cover was broken in two but still had all the clip ends intact.... if a little loose

View attachment 239695
Glued the two parts together with plastic bonding glue. A dab of epoxy made up for the play nicely.

View attachment 239696
Polishing the door sills and peddle bezels took the better part of an hour but well worth the effort.

View attachment 239697
Here’s a close up.

Merry Christmas to all!
Looks fabulous Javier.. like I said! I’m sending my new toy to your place first for a bit of freshening up.. lol

Turns out... the family arrival yesterday was no accident. My wife just didn’t want me going to the yard.

I had complained about lugging the tools around earlier in the month and I guess she heard me.... because waiting under the tree was this....for me....

1AE18CE2-0175-40BC-9617-4FAE91D6482A.jpeg

A brand new rolling tool bag!!!

I will be the envy of everyone at the junk yard for sure !!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Today also marks exactly one year since I got the New Yorker.

Last edited:
Looking back at the 68 pages of postings plus the other related threads and it was a busy year indeed.
You made me tired reading it, then rereading your edits! But it was fun and informative, and I learned quite a bit, so thank you!

But that is 68 pages worth of valuable information.. from one formal owner to another! I sincerely thank you.
More to come as I can get to it. It was and is fun for me to do and hopefully helpful to us all.

I’ve actually used my own posts here and on FBBO to remember what and when and how I did something when whatever is not working. It’s a great way to record and expand upon my own diminishing memory. Lol!

Back