New TTI Exhaust and Eastwood Coating

BigblueC

Reaction score
The UPS truck must have hit that pot hole at the end of my driveway just right yesterday because this package fell off. I'm thinking about applying Eastwoods Hi-temp internal coating, Eastwood Hi-Temp Internal Exhaust Coating w/extension tube which seems to have good reviews, before the install while everything is still new. Anyone here ever used this stuff?
Also, any tips and tricks for the install are welcomed/appreciated.

ttibox.jpg

The UPS truck must have hit that pot hole at the end of my driveway just right yesterday because this package fell off. I'm thinking about applying Eastwoods Hi-temp internal coating, Eastwood Hi-Temp Internal Exhaust Coating w/extension tube which seems to have good reviews, before the install while everything is still new. Anyone here ever used this stuff?
Also, any tips and tricks for the install are welcomed/appreciated.

Follow directions, start in the rear, leave everything loose until completely installed. Mine fit perfectly, fit under the body tightly and sound great. I have a TTI system on my 69 Coronet R/T and it was a pleasure to install also. They might be expensive but well worth the cost in my opinion. Good luck! If you have any problems, call them, customer support is great!

It looks like a well built system. A little daunting looking in the box but hopefully getting the old pipes out will be the hardest part. Since no one responded about using the Eastwood coating I guess I'm going to be the guinea pig here and test it out. I'll report back when everything is done.

I got my exhaust system on and all is good. I'm really happy with the TTI system and the quiet rumble of the Dynomax mufflers. The Eastwood internal exhaust coating went on without any problems once I figured out how to clean the oil film out of the pipes. The coating cures with a full heat cycle, until then it can be removed with acetone . I have about 10 hours of drive time on my system now so it should be fully cured. I will be trimming 2-3 inches off of the tail pipes so I will test the finish on the scrap pieces later.

To clean: In case any wants to do this, you have to clean the inside of the pipes. I found the easiest way (after a few attempts) was to take a plastic bath sponge, fish a dog leash/cable through the pipe, attach it to the sponge cord, soak the sponge in acetone and pull it through two times.
To spray: I made a spacer out of a sponge in order to keep the spray nozzle near the center of the pipe as I sprayed the coating. To get in the longer tube sections I used small engine fuel line with the supplied nozzle in the end. I used 2 cans and had enough to spray all of the external welds just FYI.

Check out the pictures, let me know if anyone has any questions.

KIMG0278.jpg

KIMG0284.jpg

KIMG0281.jpg

KIMG0282.jpg

KIMG0283.jpg

Back