Newbbie !974 Gran Fury owner Can't find out much info on the car.

crackermancars

Reaction score
So I have this 1974 gran fury. I bought this car to flip, but its growing on me. so i think may keep it. heres some details: it has 62,000, I am the 2nd owner, very little rust. has the 400 and is a looker. i would like to know how many Plymouth produced. I find info on the 73 and the 75 no problem. Can you let me in on info i should know for talking points about this car. i have always been a Chevy guy until i got this car. IMG-20130505-00030.jpgIMG-20130505-00031.jpg

IMG-20130505-00031.jpg

IMG-20130505-00030.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice ride. I don't know much about these but there are others that do and will chime in at some point.

So I have this 1974 gran fury. I bought this car to flip, but its growing on me. so i think may keep it. heres some details: it has 62,000, I am the 2nd owner, very little rust. has the 400 and is a looker. i would like to know how many Plymouth produced. I find info on the 73 and the 75 no problem. Can you let me in on info i should know for talking points about this car. i have always been a Chevy guy until i got this car. View attachment 11388View attachment 11387

I call :bs_flag:the only reason you are looking for info is because you don't know what to ask for it. If the car was truly growing on you, it wouldn't matter how many were produced. Take those ugly wheels off of it and it will be more of a "looker" to real mopar fans than it is now. The only "talking point" I can give you is Mopar or no car.

Can I get a witness...?

Chevy. :pottytrain5:

I call :bs_flag:the only reason you are looking for info is because you don't know what to ask for it. If the car was truly growing on you, it wouldn't matter how many were produced. Take those ugly wheels off of it and it will be more of a "looker" to real mopar fans than it is now. The only "talking point" I can give you is Mopar or no car.

Can I get a witness...?

Chevy. :pottytrain5:
Amen brother!

We'll see if he still has the car 6 months from now or it ends up on the for sale sites......

:popworm::popworm::popworm::popworm::popworm:

I get it i am new. Thanks for being so welcoming. First if i want to know what price to throw on a car, i would check Ebay and not waste my time coming to this site. just to let you know i was selling it for 1500 bucks. So putting aside all the welcoming comments. How do you earn your strips? IS there some sort of hazing were i have to jump into a demolition derby to save a car?

Back to my original point. Going to allpar.com does not give much info on the 74. gives a lot on the 74 and up and 73 an older. Wikipedia is crap. So anyone who would like to give me some info that would be great.

Thanks.

I get it i am new. Thanks for being so welcoming. First if i want to know what price to throw on a car, i would check Ebay and not waste my time coming to this site. just to let you know i was selling it for 1500 bucks. So putting aside all the welcoming comments. How do you earn your strips? IS there some sort of hazing were i have to jump into a demolition derby to save a car?

Back to my original point. Going to allpar.com does not give much info on the 74. gives a lot on the 74 and up and 73 an older. Wikipedia is crap. So anyone who would like to give me some info that would be great.

Thanks.
Nice job weathering the initial storm. Welcome aboard. Since it`s your car you can do WTF you want with it so telll them all to pound salt. If you want to earn your stripes here you could start by saying something convincing about your plans for the car. I`m not up to speed on that era cbody but plenty of people here will be glad to help once they believe you have a genuine interest in the car.

Welcome aboard, they grown on you.....................................like nasty rash...................you learn to love it, I'm a Chevy guy too, However I gotta agree the wheels aren't befitting of the car, but that's person opinion, and well you know what they say about opinions.

Nick

yeah but all of us here share the same one............... opinion that is, in this case anyway

what am i going do with it? Well i am not sure to keep the engine all stock or get the 2b off and relplace with a 4b carter carb. I would like to fix the door handle too. was going to swap the drives side with the p.side. seeing how they are the same but the the linkage hooks up on the otherside. also need to kill the cancer, which is surface right now. car sat in a field for 3 years before i got it.

I thought about calling B.S. when I first read your post but I'm more inclined to give the benefit of the doubt, glad I did...you're still here!
door handles will be a left and right, get rid of the 2bbl and the cancer for sure.

Back