Newby 1970 Dodge Polara Convertible

I go out of town and don't check the internet for a few days and this happens. Welcome aboard from another 70 Polara ragtop owner. Beautiful car you have there. Sounds like Dave has covered all the bases for you. I you haven't done so already be sure to pull the back seat and carpet to check for the build sheet.

How many 71 hardtop's with a 440?
I don't have that number. The insider that put these numbers together is a scarce member here and other boards. It took me many many years to get the numbers I have for the 70...

I have asked for numbers for the 71s but I have nothing yet. 2024 1971 Polara Brougham two doors built. The 383 was standard, 440 optional. Bucket seats were also optional in the 71 Brougham only.

In all the years of looking at these Bob I have only seen a couple of other non police 440s

I don't have that number. The insider that put these numbers together is a scarce member here and other boards. It took me many many years to get the numbers I have for the 70...

I have asked for numbers for the 71s but I have nothing yet. 2024 1971 Polara Brougham two doors built. The 383 was standard, 440 optional. Bucket seats were also optional in the 71 Brougham only.

In all the years of looking at these Bob I have only seen a couple of other non police 440s

I assume the police cars with 440's were 4 door cars.

I believe the 69 Dodge Polara police car with a 440 held the speed record at 147 mph until the 2006 Dodge Charger police car broke that record.

I assume the police cars with 440's were 4 door cars.

Yes, four doors. The two others were two doors with bench seat. ( I have a 90s photo of a 71 Polara brougham with 440 and buckets and know of two others that were parted) I have also seen a total of five white interior 1970 / 71 Polaras, four were 70's one 71' thats mine. Now, all that being said I am not really a one of one guy to break it down by the options, eventually they're all one of's. Despite my apparent addiction to the 70 Polara convertible there is a reason I have been know as Polara71 for 18 years, they're my favorite, and the blue one in my garage tops the list for me.

Why isn't your blue 71 polara your avatar pic?

Because, I need to be visible to collect 70 Polara convertible information

Besides........... Look at that color

187134 2007 right.jpg

187134 2007 right.jpg

dave, since your the resident guru for the 70 vert, answer me this... how many of the 100 or so that have been found do you think are actually being driven today and not lying helpless in some field somewhere..?

and another question.. is the stance of your convertible the factory stance..? mine is all jacked up with air shocks from the PO and it looks different..

dave, since your the resident guru for the 70 vert, answer me this... how many of the 100 or so that have been found do you think are actually being driven today and not lying helpless in some field somewhere..?

You'd think I have the actual numbers at hand but I can not be exact without going through car by car. If I have 110 ten cars found, half of those are on the road ....

here is a case of 50/50

187134 & 210383 2011 (4).jpg

187134 & 210383 2011 (4).jpg

so we are definitely a rare bunch.. nice to attend a show and be a one of..

Yes, certainly not many at shows ...

187134 & 112644 241221 255646 276921 2005.jpg

obviously , like the threads subject car they do keep showing up. As unregistered garaged cars get flushed out or as Original and early 2nd owners sell off nice originals show up.

The original poster floored me with this car. One that I would have lusted over had I not bought #2 in October

187134 & 112644 241221 255646 276921 2005.jpg

from that pic i only recognize 2 others in ontario so maybe i'll be #3 at moparfest if i can get enough done before then.. hate to show up unprepared.. and yes i'm sure more of these are tucked away owned by gentleman who have owned them for a long time and haven't the time or inclination to make them known..

That is a beautiful color!!

She may be the nicest thing I ever owned. She also is one of the nicest originals left, of which I am very proud of ..... I searched a long time.

You remember Marks exhaustive search of two to three years? I searched over twenty years

Back