North Iowa Mopars -Mopar Max Weekend

Toolmanmike

Staff member
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
North Iowa Mopars is again hosting our Mopar Max weekend August 21-23 2020 at Cedar Falls Motorsports Park. There will be drag racing, car show, swap meet, and Neita Raceway reunion.
It is held at:

Cedar Falls Motorsports Park

7227 Waverly Rd.

Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613

befunky-collage-jpg.jpg

104438184_644445552949543_5633990274870485493_n.png

Haven't been to Neita since the late 70's. Is it 1/4 mile again?
My brother and I both raced our cars there. I could drag him along, he would like that!

Haven't been to Neita since the late 70's. Is it 1/4 mile again?
My brother and I both raced our cars there. I could drag him along, he would like that!
They still race 1/4. I believe they had to update some guardrails on the top end this spring. They had a big payout meet a couple weekends ago. (no spectators because of Covid) but the payout was thousands $$$.

I raced there for a couple years before earlville opened up. First ever passes were up there!

ToolmanMike: How large is the car show portion? I'm in N, Central Iowa.

ToolmanMike: How large is the car show portion? I'm in N, Central Iowa.
We need more. This year will help. Last year we had 30-40 cars. This event has been going for may years but has never grew. We have new members in the club that have taken charge and are getting things done. We have a good time slot. Much better than mid to late October like in the past. We have a fundraising committee, that even with Covid, will have enough money to provide a nice purse for the racers which should attract more participants. If you compare us with Mopars in the Park in Minnesota, They started out in the parking lot of the Dodge dealer and grew from there. If we can stay at the drag strip. We won't outgrow that place for a decade if the show/race keeps getting bigger. This is our year to shine with so may events cancelled. A bunch of FABO guys would like to come down. Some have hotel reservations so far. Come on over and check it out. We would love to have you.

One more thing....I'm a Formal/Fusie guy....any interest up there for those vehicles? Thanks

In the mid 90's there was a green 69 fury that ran up there that was impressive for that time - when 915's and a 509 were the hot ticket.

I also remember a green dart street car looking thing, the son of someone else who had a fancy red car....talking to them in the staging lanes and he said 'ya, it's just a 400 in there'. He then ran low 11's I think...that was the first 451 sleeper I ever saw.

it's a shame this show keeps running the same weekend as the Dubuque show. There's not that many Iowa Mopar events, you'd think they could be on different weekends...

it's a shame this show keeps running the same weekend as the Dubuque show. There's not that many Iowa Mopar events, you'd think they could be on different weekends...
Because our event is at CFMP we have a tough time fitting our event into the local track schedule and the regional schedules. It seems there are many big drag racing events around the midwest on almost every summer weekend. Quite a few people are coming down to our event on Friday and camping at the strip or a motel, enjoying our show on Saturday and traveling to Dubuque for their show on Sunday. We have "Mopar Against the World" racing on Sunday as well as a Neita Raceway Reunion. (Neita is the original name of the track) Most of the racers will stay for Sunday. We are hopeful to have enough money and entry fees for a $2000 or $3000 payout.

@Toolmanmike is the swap just Sunday or also Saturday? How active is the swap? It's a bit of a trip up there from Anamosa (nevermind Chicago), trying to gauge whether I should try selling up there or Dubuque.

I'm going to the MoPar Max on Friday and Saturday, then to MoPars on the Mississippi on Sunday. Yes, wish the weekends didn't clash.

@Toolmanmike is the swap just Sunday or also Saturday? How active is the swap? It's a bit of a trip up there from Anamosa (nevermind Chicago), trying to gauge whether I should try selling up there or Dubuque.
Saturday and Sunday

$5000 to win on Saturday (Mopars only)
All brands Gamblers Race on Saturday
We are also planning on
$5000 to win on Sunday Mopars against the world
Tell all your Chevy and Ford buddies. We would love to have them come race (and take their money)
The more cars, the more round money.

This is a event flyer with most of the racing information. We will have a simpler flyer coming in a few days with more car show,swap meet,reunion, and show and shine info. To make it easier to read without fancy software to make it happen, I scanned both ends of the flyer. It should be easier to read and you can print one of each to make the full 17x11 flyer.

2020-07-20_155326.jpg

2020-07-20_155240.jpg

CRUISE TO THE STRIP !!!

I thought what the heck, why not have a show and shine at Cedar Falls Motorsports Park during the Mopar Max Weekend.

All brands show and shine on Sunday August 23 at CFMP. Cruise out, show off your car and enjoy the show. Mopars Against the World drag racing (all brands) with $5000 to win! See you there!

Back