Number six not firing in timer cap

peiguy23

Reaction score
My 383 starting missing this morning. When I pull the wires off the timer cap, number 6 isn't firing. There is no spark between the cap and the wire when you pull it out of the socket. If I hold it in the socket for number 3 it sparks, and the number 3 wire will not spark if moved to the number 6 socket. I'm not changing the firing order, just moving the wire as a test.

I have a Pertronix coil and a Pertronix conversion kit in the timer. I also noticed that my tach is jumping around and not showing a smooth and steady RPM.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Sounds like your distributor shaft might have gotten bent somehow. Look at the inside of the cap, does it look like the opposite cylinder, (#1), has a deep cut in the terminal? Check it out and keep us posted.

And this is the first reason why he pertronix is a bad idea. It takes a special rotor that few stores are going to have in stock. Buy many and have a new one in the car at all times.

And this is the first reason why he pertronix is a bad idea. It takes a special rotor that few stores are going to have in stock. Buy many and have a new one in the car at all times.

How little you know how a Pertronix works, but you're the expert!!!

I own one and see the rotor is different. The stock rotor doesn’t have any sensor on it. It cant run with a stock rotor. but here you are spreading the love!

Why don’t you ever share some useful knowledge instead of hate and insults. I’m an expert on spotting dickheads like you!

I have the petronix reluctor if you need one.

Back