Off topic but relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes two of us! I still can't believe he got in to begin with.

RIGHT ON. He got in because to many people allowed themselves to buy into the "hope & change" hoopla (remember that?). Well....we barely got any hope left, but there sure has HELL has been a WHOLE lotta change.

Dave, this is the first time since the mid 70's that I don't have a clue who I'm going to vote for. I may not vote this time. I was leaning toward Romney until he picked that idiot Ryan for his running mate.

NOT voting, is like voting for the guy you don't want to see in office.

well, I'm voting for the lesser of two evils, although I could argue that point. Overall, I'm tired of all this "Hope & Change" nonsense. I got less hope, and a lot less change in my pocket.

I have never seen two bozo's run side by side as bad as this before. You mean to tell me with all the hundreds of millions of people in this country this is the best we have?
The US is not unique in that regard. Only in Canada we have a 3 ring circus. Liberal, Conservatives and the NDP. (Dumb, dumber and dumbest). Our conservatives are close to your Democrats and we go left from there. And in Quebec they have just elected the seperatist PQ party into office. I don't even want to pick up the paper any more.

government meddling

Most car designs went down the tubes in the 80's. Might be why the trucks became so popular. They were still large, had V8's and RWD. For a long time, (and perhaps still), trucks have outsold passenger cars.

Trucks became popular because the government through CAFE, basically killed large "full size" cars and wagons. The same mileage average requirements for automakers fleets did not apply to light trucks, vans, or SUV's. Without CAFE, perhaps millions of barrels of oil could have been saved through improvements to existing large car lines - aerodynamics, engine advancements, multi speed automatics, etc. Without the proliferation of light trucks and SUV's. Some of those possible improvements are being realized now - look at the 8 speed automatic offered in current Chrysler RWD cars.

Give him Hell Gary, give...him... Hell!

All I'm saying is that in some countries they beat down ideas (and people) like that.....actually voting in a fair and non violent manner for those wishing to represent us.......um, communists come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back