Off topic, Ford Utility carbon monoxide leaks...

Screenshot_2017-08-09-18-42-06.png

I no longer cut or drill holes anywhere in these cars except in the roof for the light bar and antennas. But shouldn't a proper exhaust system keep everything sealed up to the tailpipe?

No other make/model seems to have this problem. Plus what about the countless junkers, do-it-yourselfers, rods or any other vehicle with either modified exhaust or rust holes?

This is a brand new Ford with state of the art exhaust right? I like how they "cough cough " over the fact that they found some cracks in their manifolds but still manage to blame upfitters, and surprisingly they still are offering to fix "our" mistakes? ?

Seems kind of fishy. Considering just about a year ago a bunch of these had bad heater cores that had to go in for warranty repair. Ford paid for that but refused to cover the cost of moving and reinstalling the police equipment...since this job required pulling out the entire dashboard...lol

I no longer cut or drill holes anywhere in these cars except in the roof for the light bar and antennas. But shouldn't a proper exhaust system keep everything sealed up to the tailpipe?

No other make/model seems to have this problem. Plus what about the countless junkers, do-it-yourselfers, rods or any other vehicle with either modified exhaust or rust holes?

This is a brand new Ford with state of the art exhaust right? I like how they "cough cough " over the fact that they found some cracks in their manifolds but still manage to blame upfitters, and surprisingly they still are offering to fix "our" mistakes? ?

Seems kind of fishy. Considering just about a year ago a bunch of these had bad heater cores that had to go in for warranty repair. Ford paid for that but refused to cover the cost of moving and reinstalling the police equipment...since this job required pulling out the entire dashboard...lol
Almost sounds typical... admit nothing, destroy all evidence...

Corporate irresponsibility has no limits...

I actually encountered someone this week that flatly admitted to botching a nearly $6000 order of mine without making one single excuse. I commended her for it.

Maybe ford "borrowed" some of that European technology to cheat on the EPA test. Cracked exhaust manifolds should be a non-issue with a properly sealed floor plate. I think that there has to be a major problem with real world, actual use CO levels to be getting a high enough level of CO to cause officers to get sick. Maybe they routed the exhaust under the rear seat and are using the cushion as a muffler.

Dave

Back