One Family 1966 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Justin Heydon

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my current project. My grandfather bought this '66 300 brand new in '66 for my grandmother and it has been in the family ever since. My dad and I are currently restoring the engine bay at this time. Please see the attached pics of our progress thus far.

Some features about the car;

1. Regal Metallic Blue with White Top
2. Disc Brakes
3. Factory Air
4. 383 w/ Four Barrel

20181031_184059.jpg

20181024_215850.jpg

Looking good, a lot of work to get it looking that clean! A suggestion, cover the open carb mounting plate holes, its too easy to drop stuff in there and it will go down to jam an intake valve or make it all the way to the piston and ruin your whole day. :eek:

Hello All,

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my current project. My grandfather bought this '66 300 brand new in '66 for my grandmother and it has been in the family ever since. My dad and I are currently restoring the engine bay at this time. Please see the attached pics of our progress thus far.

Some features about the car;

1. Regal Metallic Blue with White Top
2. Disc Brakes
3. Factory Air
4. 383 w/ Four Barrel

View attachment 227652

View attachment 227653

Terrific color! Terrific car! And welcome to FCBO. You realize yer gonna hafta post a lot more pictures, don't you?

What color is the interior?

That's a teaser intro if I ever seen one. Welcome aboard and make with the pictures up'ere!

Looking good, a lot of work to get it looking that clean! A suggestion, cover the open carb mounting plate holes, its too easy to drop stuff in there and it will go down to jam an intake valve or make it all the way to the piston and ruin your whole day. :eek:

Also, critters have been known to build nests inside of open intakes. Car is a beautiful color. Good luck on the restoration.

Dave

Actually have a clear piece of tape over the holes. Thank you though.

Terrific color! Terrific car! And welcome to FCBO. You realize yer gonna hafta post a lot more pictures, don't you?

What color is the interior?

The original interior is dark blue. My uncle had the seats redone in the early 90's and they unfortunately didn't have an exact match so the current interior is much lighter. We will eventually have it redone.

Lovely job.

I notice your master cylinder is not the correct single reservoir single circuit disc brake master. They had an reservoir extension below the lid for greater fluid capacity, which you need.

However, a much safer, more easily serviced and less leak prone alternative is updrading to a later year 68 and up dual res - dual circuit disc master. Bolts right up. A minor plumbing change and a proper two in two out metering block and you have modern brakes. Just from the safety aspect this is highly recommended. Blow a brake line with a single circuit system = no brakes. Blow a line with a dual circuit system and you have the other circuit to stop you.

You've made an obvious improvement to your ignition system - make a safety improvement on your brakes. Brakes only seem to let you down at the worst possible time - when you really need them.

Back