Phantom C bodies

Thanks for the link to the 75 Imperial convertible
Found the description humorous and didn't see a hose.
I'm guessing it's not a factory made car.

Stop spreading old wives tales about six paks and their poor reliability.
In reality a six pak is very fuel efficient, will out run it's 4bbl equal and are very very reliable as long as there is not an idiot on the other end of the screwdriver and wrench.

Tom Hoover - remember him? - said many times at the seminars he used to give - that the six pak was efficient, powerful and worked better on a hemi than 2-4's. Not a wives tale, lot's of folks were at those seminars back in the 80's. There is still video in peoples possession from back then...and no you won't see it on YT. He also talked about the 4bbl intake for the 72 hemi engine and the research they did on the 72 hemi. That manifold actually exists and could be purchased from direct connection. It even has a provision for heat tubes for manifold heat...

What about that 300 rag top with the hemi? How did that get in there?
In the 70s we ran across a 69 six pack setup that was not ported to allow the secondary pull-offs to function.
Rumored to be sabotaged by holley workers resenting the success of the package. Quite a number of 69s had the
issue. I drilled out an actual carb and use them today. six packs were great fun to stomp on hence the poor mpg
reports. Like long rams,,, great torque pull so everyone ran them hard.

In the 70s we ran across a 69 six pack setup that was not ported to allow the secondary pull-offs to function.
Rumored to be sabotaged by holley workers resenting the success of the package. Quite a number of 69s had the
issue. I drilled out an actual carb and use them today. six packs were great fun to stomp on hence the poor mpg
reports. Like long rams,,, great torque pull so everyone ran them hard.
There was a tech article that was considered to be gospel and repeated/reprinted many times written by Sal Zaino. I remember it well... He advocated blocking the port to the venturi with lead shot, the idea being this would block the "bleed" to the carb and make the end carbs open faster.

Since there was very. very little tech in any of the car magazines dedicated to Mopars, this article seemed to be read by everyone and the mods performed. I had found a few carbs with this mod and removed the lead shot.

As said, biggest problems were the folks putting their hands on these carbs.

As for Sal Zaino, he got a little recognition for Hemi cars and then moved onto Corvettes. He now runs a car wax company.

Love all of these ideas!!! My phantom C-Body would likely be a 68 Chrysler 300 front clip on a 67 Chrysler 300 body, with buckets and console from a 1966 Chrysler 300. However, I do always wonder how a 63-65 Buick Riviera type console would look on the 68 Dash, where the console raises up and connects to the dash. Would be a clean, classy yet sporty look for such a big beautiful car. I'd also shave the vents under the rear window for a smoother look. Some 14x7 Rocket wheels from the 70s would really complete the look for me. Don't know what color... probably the factory dark Maroon color with a white interior contrasted by the black and chrome / stainless dash.... Some day I'll get to building that!

My '68 2DHT New Yorker is going to be a 70' styled kustom with styling cues from the 60s. Much like the trend started in 1966, I'm going to be converting the rear tail lamps to one single full width tail light with sequential turn signals! A phantom grill will cover it for the 70s style lowrider look. The front end will have a phantom grill shaped EXACTLY like the original, only not being recessed as far back so that the grill can cover the headlamps. The lights I'm going to be changing to 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass headlights as another throwback to the early days of Lowrider Magazine where a lot of folks would swap out the round headlamps for the "new" square style lights!

Thanks for the link to the 75 Imperial convertible
Found the description humorous and didn't see a hose.
I'm guessing it's not a factory made car.
Not factory. I suspect it was done by one of the aftermarket shops that specialized in that trade however...like the company that did the Cordoba convertibles.

This came up on a Facebook post. It stated an Australian Chrysler Panel Van from the 70's. Possibly built on the C platform?

272592842_10225189226509132_97250700866118534_n.jpeg

This came up on a Facebook post. It stated an Australian Chrysler Panel Van from the 70's. Possibly built on the C platform?

View attachment 511023
These custom wagons are uniquely Australian and awesome. I think they were midsize and smaller. First one I ever seen of course was the red one in mad max.
I'd love to convert a 67-69 A body 4dr sedan into one of these.
I think being on the bottom of the world makes all of your blood run to your head. Leads to wild ideas.

I dig the Mad Max red wagon big BIG! MY phantom would be a 2 door 66 C body PICK UP TRUCK! I like the Imperial "flower getters" but am thinking of what could be done with a C body and a Max Wedge 426, 4 on the floor, 3:23 Sure Grip, long tube cross ram induction. With the back seat gone, there would be PLENTY of length for the bed. Call it a "La Suprema" in keeping with the tradition of Hispanic names for these truck beds in car frames.

for a C body it would be my current car, restored but without the Mauve roof.
I would love to know how many '66 Monaco 500s with a 365 horsepower 440, all the power stuff were built with mauve over white with a black and white interior, it could be 1 of 1!

All time drool machine would be a '69 GTX convertible, black over B6 blue with black interior, auto, console, A/C, power disk brakes, am/fm, power windows, magnum 500s and sure grip. basically a GTX 'vert version of my Roadrunner that I was an idiot for selling

How about a 68 Polara two door sedan? That is a car that should exist. I have never seen it. But now I want one. Chrysler may be to hoity toity for that but Dodge is another story

Back