Pics of 69-73 C bodies

I was thinking it was a Pontiac but you may be right that it's an olds. I just remember it having a 454 or 455 in it

:thumbsup:

20200425_021239.jpg

Two red C-bodies -- @Ripinator's 2-dr '66 Chrysler 300 hardtop and Poppy, my '70 Dodge Polara 'vert. Keeping a safe social distance of course!

IMG_6575.JPG

IMG_6590.JPG

Last edited:
This beauty is next for new top (...) needs little TLC first)

Pray tell us more about this 1970 Polara convertible. Is that the T-code I've heard about as being in Finland or, if not, what engine code does this car have? Can you share some info about the car's history?

@polara71 @71Polara383

Pray tell us more about this 1970 Polara convertible. Is that the T-code I've heard about as being in Finland or, if not, what engine code does this car have? Can you share some info about the car's history?

@polara71 @71Polara383
Dont know much about the car: It came to Finland 2016 to my friend and is now under restoration by him. He has dreamed about Polara convertible about 40 years.
His first car in early -80 was polara 4d (383)
img1013530.jpg

Here convertibles is vin tag: N-code 383 4-barrel (not HP but with with dual exhaust?)
Touko17 (20).JPG

Dont know much about the car: It came to Finland 2016 to my friend and is now under restoration by him. He has dreamed about Polara convertible about 40 years.
His first car in early -80 was polara 4d (383) View attachment 374233
Here convertibles is vin tag: N-code 383 4-barrel (not HP but with with dual exhaust?)
View attachment 374210

Hang on Harry, thats a 71 4 dr tag.

N code would be with the" HP manifolds, dual exhaust and dual snorkel air bonnet.

@Jussi -- thank you! The car pictured with your friend is a 1970 Polara (cue the grille and the mirrors) sedan (cue the door frames), while the tag (as pointed out by @polara71) is for a 1971 Monaco hardtop. In contrast, the convertible's VIN would start with DL27. So, we'll have learned about 3 different senior Dodges by the time you post all the info :)

Last edited:
thank you!
and sorry: now i remembered, that same time with Polara arrived also 4ht Monaco with 383 hp engine. Monaco went very soon to her new owner.
I have only tag picture from that and thought it was from Polara. (same D first :)

But i just took a picture from tag of Polara convertible and here is it:
Now it seems to be right and also with that T code for engine, huh :)
IMG_1444.jpeg

Thank you @Jussi -- as @polara71 surmised, the car in your shop is indeed @mdh157's old car. For more of DL27T0D235593's history, see here. You should reach out to Mark to hear what he found out about the car's history.

PS: There are, by my count, at least nine 1970 Polara 'vert in Finland. That's one third of all the last-year Polara 'verts that I know to be in Europe (there must be more of which I am unaware).

Last edited:
Thank you @Jussi -- as @polara71 surmised, the car in your shop is indeed @mdh157's old car. For more of DL27T0D235593's history, see here. You should reach out to Mark to hear what he found out about the car's history.

PS: There are, by my count, at least nine 1970 Polara 'vert in Finland. That's one third of all the last-year Polara 'verts that I know to be in Europe (there must be more of which I am unaware).

How many are there in Europe.....that you know?!

A blue one in the Netherlands or is that one sold……..

Back