Plastic headlight adjuster thingies.

mopar_4life

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone Knows where to get these. They are for my headlight cups on my 65 Polara. They are pretty brittle and it would be good to change them. Also any idea on how to remove them?

Thanks

Eric
image.jpeg

Didn't make it up there today. We have a Carquest distribution center here in Raleigh. My buddy said they have a big parts bin full of the things. I'll try to stop in tomorrow. How many do you need for the Polara

Didn't make it up there today. We have a Carquest distribution center here in Raleigh. My buddy said they have a big parts bin full of the things. I'll try to stop in tomorrow. How many do you need for the Polara

If you able to find any, 8 is the number. If I can figure out how to take them off, I have a extra set of headlight buckets that I might be able to salvage a whole set. I am sending them off to be powercoated and they need to be removed.

Thanks

Eric

I stopped by Carquest. They don't even list a part # for it. I asked was there a multi kit (variety pack) nothing.

I stopped by Carquest. They don't even list a part # for it. I asked was there a multi kit (variety pack) nothing.
Thanks for checking, I think I can salvage the ones from my other headlight bezels. I am not to sure on how to remove them with out destroying them completely. Any suggestions?

Thanks

ERic

I still haven't found any but I did figure it out. I soaked the buckets in hot water for several hours. It made the plastic a little softer. I took one of the adjusting screws and screwed it in and then grabbed the bottom of the plastic and rotated. It worked, then just and to "pry" on the piece and it came apart. I think I should have enough to get by. But I am going to search for replacements.

Thanks
Eric

I still haven't found any but I did figure it out. I soaked the buckets in hot water for several hours. It made the plastic a little softer. I took one of the adjusting screws and screwed it in and then grabbed the bottom of the plastic and rotated. It worked, then just and to "pry" on the piece and it came apart. I think I should have enough to get by. But I am going to search for replacements.

Thanks
Eric
I'd made a post here along time ago about soaking plastic parts in hot water to restore elasticity to them. Glad you got them out.

Make them, not sure where to get some raw material, go to Home Depot and look around the hardware and plumbing area. Find something you can cut a piece out of, drill and tap a hole.

Alan

Make them, not sure where to get some raw material, go to Home Depot and look around the hardware and plumbing area. Find something you can cut a piece out of, drill and tap a hole.

Alan

I was thinking about that. I am currently looking into having them 3d printed.

Thanks

Eric

Buy one of those nylon cutting boards they sell in the kitchen dept at Walmart. Pick one thick enough and then dice it, drill and tap.

Back