Power seat and 4 channel amp

Mine are all at the shop - I'll try and get over there. Essentially it's identical to the manual version, but instead of a slot for the back and forth lever it's got a round cut out for the joy stick.
Thanks Ross that'll do it, I don't need a picture. I kind of wondered if that was the case. So my manual might actually work until I find one for power seat

Thanks Ross that'll do it, I don't need a picture. I kind of wondered if that was the case. So my manual might actually work until I find one for power seat
It that's the case then I would Macgyver the original Mike and maybe put some chrome plastic trim on the edges to clean the cut area up..

After all, with you at the end of the cutters, I'm sure it will look like it belongs there.:thumbsup:

If I can take one easily I'll send it along anyhow...

Cheers!
Thanks Ross, I appreciate it. If you get a chance could you make a couple of measurements too? One being the diameter of the hole and how far from the bottom edge. I figured out the front the back measurement, but having those other numbers will make it easier.

It looks like from the mounting point of the joy stick, the location is not in the painted area, unless they changed the panel for the power seat. It should be approximately where the blue tape is located on the panel.

20190401_165223.jpg

After some searching I found a good picture of the panel. It looks like my general placement of the joy stick is correct and I should be able to pull off a conversion of my manual panel.

The good thing is the manual slot is in the black field which needs repainted anyway, so a little patch and paint and I should be in business.
906843987.jpg
20190401_203252.jpg

I didn't want you to cut in the wrong place. I will get you accurate pics and dimensions - you just gotta be patient! :) If memory serves, the edges of the hole are "finished" I.E rolled inwards to avoid sharp edges.

I didn't want you to cut in the wrong place. I will get you accurate pics and dimensions - you just gotta be patient! :) If memory serves, the edges of the hole are "finished" I.E rolled inwards to avoid sharp edges.

I won't touch a thing until I hear from you. When ever you get a chance is fine, I just appreciate your help. I can install the seat and still install this panel later, so I won't miss any cruise time with Goldie. :)

I think I can get you a picture as well Mike.
I'll do this first thing tomorrow.

C9C4E492-2AD4-4279-AFC7-85E06C76A33B.jpeg
7C3EBA1B-0BB2-485B-9FF3-ADA2BD96A639.jpeg
95F6C592-ACF8-4DD5-A50C-7329A9C77160.jpeg
I got out the parts holding area in the garage and pulled out my power bench system
Here is my side trim and control

Here are a few more photos.

If you can imagine taking a measurement from the very front of the aluminum trim to the location of the hole horizontally it measures very close to 10" and has a very close to 2 1/2" from the top of the trim.

Take note of the mounting bracket on the back side as well.
0A8009E3-9E8A-4519-9619-1E74C05F1CA5.jpeg
17F438D4-C2BC-45FC-B1F1-2A48A95A65AB.jpeg
83ECC34D-F66F-4A2E-94D0-C6DD73A10341.jpeg
07BF814B-C050-4BFF-9EC5-5F082161290F.jpeg
BBE37DCF-1A99-46AE-824F-EA0A97D6D298.jpeg

I saw it was different but hopefully the location of the controller is the same?
Tom, thanks for taking all the time, pictures, and measurements, but it looks like Ross is right they are different. The description, Ross gave, of the location, is right in line with where the joystick is mounted. Mine is mounted to the seat, not the panel.

Here is what you probably wanted to see. This is what the buckets had. Note that the switch mounts to the seat not the molding. These were taken from an eBay post.

40FBEF55-00D9-4EC9-9198-8894CEA6DA7B.png
783965DA-4912-4056-9EB8-A132F8B3196E.png

Last edited:
You are most welcome, I’m glad to help!

But I do have a question for you, so is the bucket seat base slightly different between the power and manual? I find that when you put on a power bucket on to a manuel bucket seat, it sits too high. I also see that with bench seats. Thoughts?

Never had that issue when I had two identical Monacos, one with p buckets and one without. Switched the around seats quite regularly...

I'll get an exact measurement on that cut out, but Steve's pics are the genuine article.

You are most welcome, I’m glad to help!

But I do have a question for you, so is the bucket seat base slightly different between the power and manual? I find that when you put on a power bucket on to a manuel bucket seat, it sits too high. I also see that with bench seats. Thoughts?
Someone here mentioned that the power seat sits, if I remember correctly, 3 inches higher. Hopefully this will not be an issue for me. I don't think the overall height of the bucket seat will be that high. I like the rear of the seat at the lowest setting, and the front slightly higher.

I am going to measure the 2 and post my results.

Back