Power seat and 4 channel amp

I was able to rebuild one side today...tore it all down and replaced the grease after cleaning everything real good. bearing grease in the gears and lithium in the tubes. Much smoother and no more lag. Will work on the other side tomorrow and hopefully get them both installed this weekend. Oddly i noticed that my front and rear jacks are slightly different than those in these pics. Where your base has an empty hole exposing the jack bottom...I have a screw in that hole that holds the cover on the jack. Otherwise it looks about the same.
Interesting they must have made them slightly different year-to-year. Mine was not a factory option I don't remember what it came out of

Hi, I'm hoping to get an opinion. 1968 NewYorker power bucket seat. Had the 4way star knob and relay rebuilt, originally I had power to that switch but it was falling apart. I've attached pix showing the assembly hooked back up. My question. Is it wired correctly? I'll be putting it in the car later this year I appreciate response.

DSC06845.JPG

DSC06846.JPG

DSC06847.JPG

DSC06749.JPG

DSC06773.JPG

DSC06341.JPG

Sorry I can't help because I got something switched around in mine, so some directtions are incorrect. I did get the power correct just the joystick did correspond with the correct movement of the seat. I hooked mine up to a battery with alligator clips before I ever attached the seat.

Last edited:
That looks correct according to my pics before I took mine apart. I believe you are missing the single power wire to the rectangular relay. Do you have any pics of the inside of the 4-way switch? I pulled mine apart and no pics to veryify which way the innards need to be put back in relation to the top/bottom. I planned on just trial/error.

I have one red wire coming up through the floor for my power supply, I don't have any pix, I sent it to Devenism for repair. Thanks for your comments Mike

DSC06773.JPG

Back