Power seat and 4 channel amp

Here is what you probably wanted to see. This is what the buckets had. Note that the switch mounts to the seat not the molding. These were taken from an eBay post.

View attachment 274794 View attachment 274795

I presume this is an old post and it is not for sale. Quick search found nothing currently. Thanks by the way, great pictures, with Ross's measurement I will be set.

You are most welcome, I’m glad to help!

But I do have a question for you, so is the bucket seat base slightly different between the power and manual? I find that when you put on a power bucket on to a manuel bucket seat, it sits too high. I also see that with bench seats. Thoughts?

I'll try to get some measurements tomorrow as I have both as well if I'm up to the task.

You have me thinking & hoping this isn't the case.

I made it to the shop today - here are some pics. I tried to show where I measured from, but it was a challenge to get accurate pics. Hope this helps.

20190404_165101.jpg
20190404_165146.jpg
20190404_165609.jpg
20190404_165650.jpg
20190404_165714.jpg
20190404_165828.jpg
20190404_165842.jpg

Ross, that is great, thanks so much for taking the time to help out.

You are most welcome, I’m glad to help!

But I do have a question for you, so is the bucket seat base slightly different between the power and manual? I find that when you put on a power bucket on to a manuel bucket seat, it sits too high. I also see that with bench seats. Thoughts?

I made measurement between the manual and the power bucket seats. The power seat at its lowest setting is 3/4 higher in the front and 1/2 higher in the rear. I doubt if I even notice the height difference.

I also measured the power seat at it highest point. The front will go up another 1-1/2" and the back 1" My wife, at its highest setting, might be able to see the hood ornament now. :)

Thanks everyone for your help on this panel project. Ross your pictures and measurements were crucial. I made one cut everything slightly smaller put it in place made adjustments, very happy with the results.

20190406_161106.jpg
20190406_170210.jpg
20190406_170154.jpg

What did you use to make the cuts, Mike? They look factory.
Thanks. I laid masking tape down and marked off the area until everything looked right. I used a dremel cutting wheel, free hand, to make my cuts, and rough in the radius cut. I then used various files to adjust until everything was square and the radius cut was proportional.

It really didn't take as long as I thought, the aluminum really cuts and files easily.

Nice work... and I too will say thanks and i need to adjust my cut outs as well.

I also measured the power seat at it highest point. The front will go up another 1-1/2" and the back 1" My wife, at its highest setting, might be able to see the hood ornament now. :)

I was thinking more of the seat frame difference between the factory power using and the not power unit seat. Not so much about the power unit itself.

I was thinking more of the seat frame difference between the factory power using and the not power unit seat. Not so much about the power unit itself.
The seat bolted right up in the same location as the manual. There was an extra set of nuts on the seat, but I used the same ones as the manual.

I have a feeling this thread will stay active for quite some time...:rolleyes:

Well I thought I had the last piece of the puzzle, the seat base panels, to install my power seat back in Goldie. It finally hit me that I actually have the passenger controller.

Talking with Murray who I got the panels from, he had mentioned that the right controller has an R on the cardboard. I haven't checked it yet but I know I've got the passenger controller . I mounted mine upside down to get the front back correct, but the other controls are opposite.

Here here comes my perfect timing @detmatt just so happens to have a few power bases I'm getting one from him, for the passenger seat and now I will be getting the controller for the driver side. :)

20190410_071552.jpg

Back