Power seat and 4 channel amp

My Monaco is the same way - 2 passenger side switches! Apparently if you're very careful you can disassemble the switch and reconfigure it to not be backwards. For me, it's been like that since I got the car nearly 30 years ago, so...

My Monaco is the same way - 2 passenger side switches! Apparently if you're very careful you can disassemble the switch and reconfigure it to not be backwards. For me, it's been like that since I got the car nearly 30 years ago, so...

The controllers in my Parts Car are correct - left and right. . .:poke:

Mike:

Do '66's have the flaps at the bottom of the rear of the seats to conceal the seat tracks? Here's a pic of them on my car. Not sure if it is correct for a '66 or not.

34957006614_227d44ff54_o copy.jpg

I think for those switches to change from right to left you only need to move the main power wire (Red i think) to the exact opposite position (so from bottom left to top right). There is a pin there is you can solder it or re-rivet it on. I look at doing that it years ago and didn't do it. Going from only memory.

BTW...The bucket and bench seat switches are configured slight different.

Thanks @detmatt , Christmas came early, nice filler packaging. Matt set me up with a passenger power seat base and all the panels. He even sent me an extra driver's side controller, when I realized I currently have a passenger controller.

I wanted his passenger controller because it was out of a Imperial Crown and has the cool feature when you lean the seat back forward it depresses a switch, which moves the whole seat forward. I think I can make this work on Goldie.

20190411_190221.jpg
20190411_190300.jpg
20190411_190531.jpg

Last edited:
I got my driver's seat installed. I could not be happier. I can get the seat in a perfect driving position for myself. Exceeded my expectations. My hard work is all covered up by the nice panels I restored. :)

Took the front kick plate off, and the circuit breaker was right were the SM said it was. Tapped into the hot line and I was set. Got the correct terminal spliced in to make everything offical.

20190414_113235.jpg
20190414_113326.jpg
20190414_114256.jpg

Last edited:
We finally have a nice weekend and I put nearly 100 sunny miles on Goldie yesterday. I couldn't be happier with both winter projects.

I can finally hear my stereo with the top down, fortunately I decided to install a passenger power seat, probably not until the off season. I installed the the amp under the passenger seat. It is small enough to share the room with the power base, when it is installed.

It did require me to move and reroute wires from my original location, but everything is located neatly under the seat and still appearing completely stealth unless you peek under the seat.

The power seat position, proved itself yesterday. I have never been so comfortable in this car, in fact I am as comfortable as any of the modern cars I own. That wasn't the case for me with the manual seat.

20190519_082632.jpg

I am so glad I remembered seeing this post...I will be tearing mine apart to clean and grease...great pictures here.

I would highly recommend tearing it down on some sort of pan with a lip, so you don't loose any of the small parts. Keep a look out for the small loose single ball bearings, they are in a few locations. Good luck

I was able to rebuild one side today...tore it all down and replaced the grease after cleaning everything real good. bearing grease in the gears and lithium in the tubes. Much smoother and no more lag. Will work on the other side tomorrow and hopefully get them both installed this weekend. Oddly i noticed that my front and rear jacks are slightly different than those in these pics. Where your base has an empty hole exposing the jack bottom...I have a screw in that hole that holds the cover on the jack. Otherwise it looks about the same.

Last edited:
Back