Pro Street/Gasser?

Strip14.jpg

Badass, but at this level its almost not a Newport anymore...

Anyone seen the movie joyride? the hero car is a Newport but I have no idea what year it is...

Strip14.jpg

Oh my bad.. i thought FL was Florida... I forgot we're doing forward look now.

I think there might be some older posts over at moparfins.com, but they'll be from over seas too.

I love the overseas stuff, the austrailians are nuts

Oh, I know. I'll try frame connectors only at first. The tunnel ram caused enough stress (12.35 1/4 mile) that I have a few cracks in the firewall. Really hate to put a cage in a convertible.

Is it getting a cage? convertibles can be pretty floppy...

thats bitchin' but... its a fury... with those kind of timeslips youre almost at the tube chassis level, right? And is the body all steel? just curious and im not ripping on furies, I promise.

Well the car is back-halfed, and there's a tubed cage, but the stub frame still exists. Body is all steel, front clip is glass. Still crosses the scale at 3850 without driver.

Yeah it kills the look for sure. What et do you have to have to put a rollbar in it? and as far as connectors are you buying some? or fabricating your own?

I knew the track owner (well, the tech guy) and was permitted to run without the bar (until I reached 11.99 ets). NHRA rules say 13.99 and quicker convertibles require a roll bar. I made my own frame connectors. They are welded in the back but bolt on to the front subframe (in case I ever needed to remove it). I think that someone does make a set for the C body, Rust Repair Tech or something like that.

There was a red 68 300 with a blower on it in the northeast. It was basically a show car with a gold chain wearing owner, so I doubt if the car was fast.

Back