Pushbutton trans issues?

yes , i'm look to use the 66 up converters in it , early type converter hub uses 6 fasteners ans the 66 up type uses 12 fasteners , pluss i can get a few more stalls offered up as well . and yes i will just change out the front section , the gears n rear pump work get , i'm doing a few for my cars , and the early hemi hotrods , my 48 austin with a 55 301 n 55 300 hemi heads will use a type writter shifter and a loadflite from a 64 d100 . just trying to make them the best their can be . i'm buying the carl munroe's book on modifing 727's .

The sprag/overrunning clutch is the rollers and springs you can see in top photo, you will not be able to see them if you pull you valve body. The rollers get wedged and stuck effectively locking the clutch. This creates a dangerous situation with the front drum spinning it at 2.2 times (reverse ratio) engine rpm and the stock ones usually come apart (explode) above 9,000 rpm which is about 42-4300 engine rpm. It usually takes some abuse to break one burnouts in water, ice, leaves, then a sudden catch in traction or dry pavement.
Not while I owned it. So you are telling me I have to pull motor and trns.
It usually takes some abuse to break one burnouts in water, ice, leaves, then a sudden catch in traction or dry pavement.
That definitely is not the case!!

That definitely is not the case!
I did not think so kinda just putting it out there.
You do not have to pull the engine. I was just explaining what happens inside the trans if the sprag is locked. If it is the overrunning clutch the trans will have to come out and apart. You may want to get a second opinion, I know enough about transmissions to get by, but I doubt it is going to be a fix short of pulling it.

I did not think so kinda just putting it out there.
You do not have to pull the engine. I was just explaining what happens inside the trans if the sprag is locked. If it is the overrunning clutch the trans will have to come out and apart. You may want to get a second opinion, I know enough about transmissions to get by, but I doubt it is going to be a fix short of pulling it.

Thank you for the info, i have no clue when it comes to inside the tranny, so I really appreciate your insight. Jake

Just finished doing that. When disconnected the wheels spin no problem, forward and back. Question, what would happen if the starter is not disenging
I don't know if the starter will turn in either direction. But, to test your theory would be fairly simple again. The starter is held on by two bolts. Remove them and back it away; you won't need to remove the cables to do so. Once it's clear of the torque converter, see if you can spin your wheels. If you can - in both directions - you've discovered the problem.

I think I found the issue, have not had time to put the right filter in, but I have a feeling I burnt up the pump.
IMG_20161106_144638.jpg

Back