Radar Detectors

The nannies are at it again...holy octane Batman we are out of uranium again...
I am a professional speeder and i use a Valentine 1 honesty detector to keep dishonest police officers from writing bogus tickets. I have not spoken to a leo about my velocity in over 12 years now. The presence of the device has kept a number of leos from distorting the truth.

A radar locator is tool not to be used by fools. Clearly there are some fools posting on here. It is not how fast you are going it is what you are doing with it [the speed]. That is what they taught us in traffic enforcement school. Reasonable and prudent are the fundamental factors in evaluating whether the speed of the vehicle is "illegal"

Leave Stubbs alone... I've come to enjoy his, often unexpected, interjections...

He reminds me of that uncle who gave mom cause to lock the liquor cabinet before family gatherings, and was only allowed to say grace once.
Thank you for appreciating my choice of Freedom of Speech, and my worped sense of humor! I have never believed in the PC crap, I'm not about to start for some snowflake at my age!!

Thank you for appreciating my choice of Freedom of Speech, and my worped sense of humor! I have never believed in the PC crap, I'm not about to start for some snowflake at my age!!
But speed up dammit!
I'm not super familiar with other states but just to educate you a bit on Pa speeding.
1. No rolling radar in Pa, hills mess up accuracy
2. Only state police have radar, and as mentioned must be sitting still.
3. Locals use all sorts of speed traps and gadgets, but they must write the ticket for 10 over minimum. Only the state can write you for less. Local must follow you to write less than ten over and it you let this happen you deserve a ticket.

Last edited:
But speed up dammit!
I'm not super familiar with other states but just to educate you a bit on Pa speeding.
1. No rolling radar in Pa, hills mess up accuracy
2. Only state police have radar, and as mentioned must be sitting still.
3. Locals use all sorts of speed traps and gadgets, but they must write the ticket for 10 over minimum. Only the state can write you for less. Local must follow you to write less than ten over and it you let this happen you deserve a ticket.

On the way out to western paradise last June I was pulled over in New Stanton for doing 94 in a 70. Actually, I saw him and pulled over before he could start the car. Trooper wrote me for a hundred dollar fine and I was on my way . Nice enough fellow the ***** at the truck stop was the reason for the extreme heavy foot, that's another tale.

last June I was pulled over in New Stanton
I am less than 20 miles from that interchange and have not been on that road for over 10 years.
They know it's better to give you a break that your happy with, and get your hundy than to be a pain in your ***, and you skip out on them and never pay.
Safety my ***!

Last edited:
The thread reminds me of a thread I say on the Corvette forum years ago.

This guy had gotten a ticket for 80 MPH in a 30 MPH residential area. Everybody was all up in arms and said "Performance cars should be able to go faster" etc. I read for a couple pages and then posted "You know... The ticket is in a residential area... Kids on bikes, people walking dogs etc. You deserved a ticket... In fact, you should lose your license for a while". Holy crap... The OP called me "Grandpa" and went off from there.

Point being that common sense is the answer. I don't drive as fast as I once did. I'm not in a hurry anymore.

I also am of the opinion that if you are rushing because you are late, then you should have left earlier. That's another common sense concept that many don't get.

So, go fast if you want. Just use a little common sense.

As I said, I ran the Valentine 1 for a while. Honestly, it slowed me down more than made me go faster. It gave me an awareness of where the cops were.

One funny story... I was coming home from my girlfriend's (now wife) house late one night. A state trooper pulled out behind and started following me. I was driving a red Corvette. I saw him and really knew better than to speed down through that part of town anyway. He hit me with his instant on radar and lit up my Valentine 1. Then he did a speed check on a couple approaching cars, again, lighting up the Val 1. He must have noticed the red lights in my car and now it became a game to him to hit the radar and make the lights over my visor go read. All the way into town until I picked up RT 81, he would hit that radar every 10 seconds or so. It must have been a lot of fun for him.

I just made friends with all the local LEOs...

20160626_180611-1_1.gif

When my dad did the computer swap meets they had a device that looks like a garage door opener but it would set off the radar detectors

Ask anyone around you and they will say they have common sense.
Yet, in your daily dealings with the human population you see many do not or is that my opinion, yours or both?

I think there are people that have a great deal of common sense and some that are lacking in it. In some situations, I have to wonder if the people with common sense are in the minority, but for the most part, everybody seems to get through their day without stabbing themselves in the eye with their fork.

Ask anyone around you and they will say they have common sense.
Yet, in your daily dealings with the human population you see many do not or is that my opinion, yours or both
Same dummies that put a tattle tale in their car thinking they are such a good driver they will save $ on insurance.

Back