Rear Valance - 1969-71 Chrysler Fiberglass Repo

CS23T1

Reaction score
Checking interest level for possibly making fiberglass copies of an NOS rear valance I have sitting around.

I acquired it many years ago for my '71 300, and it hasn't been used yet. The project is on hold and has been for a few years, but I just had the idea that in the meantime I could use it to help others in need of this particular piece.

I remember how hard it was to find this piece and how often I found them rusted out or banged up, so I'm guessing it's probably a panel that is in high demand among C body restorers. I've made fiberglass parts before, so I'm familiar with the process and pretty confident it would end up as a nice piece. If this works out well, I will likely expand into other models/years.

So...If you own a '69-'71 Chrysler and need this made, or know people that need it made, please reply with a "Yes".

Also, if you know of a readily available source for this panel, or happen to know for a fact that it's not that hard to find in rust-free/unmangled form...please reply with a "No" (and please explain why and where the source is).

Thanks for your response!

Valance

Checking interest level for possibly making fiberglass copies of an NOS rear valance I have sitting around. If you own a '69-'71 Chrysler and need this made, or know people that need it made, please reply with a "Yes".
My 69 300 does not have a rear valance. You might do better to offer a front valance. Of the three I had for my restoration I still had to repair rust on the least damaged one.

Checking interest level for possibly making fiberglass copies of an NOS rear valance I have sitting around. If you own a '69-'71 Chrysler and need this made, or know people that need it made, please reply with a "Yes".
My 69 300 does not have a rear valance. You might do better to offer a front valance. Of the three I had for my restoration I still had to repair rust on the least damaged one.

I'll be looking for a front for my 300 as well, so maybe i'll make molds for both? Trying to determine how worthwhile this would be, before I lay out the time and money.

Back