Replace heater core

Inside the car. It comes out from under the dash.

In an A/C car, there's a lot more disassembly, most of which is through the glove box opening. Not so hard in a non A/C car.

Your FSM is your friend here... and take the front seat out.

Don't try to remove and replace the dash. Yes, it's easier to do the heater core with the dash out, but it's a not a job that you want to tackle. I've done it... You don't want to.
what the heck is an FSM?????
Is it leaking? Do you drive it when it's cold out? You can easily loop the heater hose and bypass the heater core completely.

When you respond to a quote, type after the quote, not in the middle. Then we know what you are asking a lot easier. :thumbsup:

Anyway... FSM is Factory Service Manual.
Thanks! should of figured that out. Where can I get my hands on one of those? thx. for the tip

OK, here is the question, if his core is bad, can he get one anywhere? When I bought my car a buddy of mine said, "Yo better hope the heater core never goes out on that thing, because no one makes them." I have never seen one for sale. So, does he have a hope?

OK, here is the question, if his core is bad, can he get one anywhere? When I bought my car a buddy of mine said, "Yo better hope the heater core never goes out on that thing, because no one makes them." I have never seen one for sale. So, does he have a hope?
Got mine from Rock Auto, $49.79 for the premium core 38.79 for the O.E.M. equivalent. Not Bad!

We first have to assume the year in question is the same as the Original Posters user name.

These cars become very different over the three series so unless you are talking about the same series great but caution when your luck is with a different series.

That being said I do not think you can get a heater core for a 69-73 with AC or without.

That being said my radiator shop said that the core material is an odd size and not available so rebuilding is out of the question.

Alan

?

PicsArt_06-14-07.14.33.jpg

yup, not RockAuto and I'm not sure what the picture is as it doesn't look like the one in my 69 with AC, and I doubt I could fit the one pictured.
As far as I know the 70 uses the same core as the 69.

Alan
Many times we have seen stock photos used in the item's description.
Only a phone call can confirm.

Rockauto does not sell them, I just looked. I was curious as I had not seen them there before. I juts looked at that Mopar Mall site and saw the same one as posted above. $397.00 - yikes!

Rockauto does not sell them, I just looked. I was curious as I had not seen them there before. I juts looked at that Mopar Mall site and saw the same one as posted above. $397.00 - yikes!
If what you have is non-repairable, you have no choice...
The only one is the cheapest one.

Rockauto does not sell them, I just looked. I was curious as I had not seen them there before. I juts looked at that Mopar Mall site and saw the same one as posted above. $397.00 - yikes![/QUOTE
CHRYSLER1966NEWPORT6.3L 383cid V8Heat & Air ConditioningHeater Core
Price

SPECTRA PREMIUM / COOLING DEPOT 94500 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Info
w/o Air Conditioning

prevIMGbig.png

94500_FRO_P04__ra_t.jpg

nextIMGbig.png

$39.79

APDI/PRO 9010338 {#2521117, 2521268, 3579171} Info
without Air Conditioning

9010338__ra_t.jpg

$50.79 Looks like they boosted the price a dollar since my purchase. If it's smaller than the 69/70 core, maybe it could work. Put the heater core in the housing. see what it would take to seal it. Figure out what material to use. 50.00 investment + 30 day return policy.

Last edited:
Back