Resurrection of my 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Thanks guys! I still have to paint the windshield wiper deck. Does anyone know, is it flat black or satin-black? Next up, stub frame install.

How about some color?View attachment 97698

nice color...:poke:
IMG_0314.jpg

Nice work! I wish I had 1/1000th the body work skills you and others on this forum has. LOL!

Thanks Dave. The only example I can reference is the parts car, and it's faded black paint....

Recently I completely took apart a 70 New Yorker TNT w/56,000 original miles, the cowl paint had a little more shine than "satin",...... then under any fasteners, etc, it was GLOSS black. I believe time and the elements may have an effect on the sheen of the paint, or a manufacturing plant variation.

Food for thought......

Im thinking Satin, not flat. There is definitely a sheen on that black paintView attachment 97791 View attachment 97793

Recently I completely took apart a 70 New Yorker TNT w/56,000 original miles, the cowl paint had a little more shine than "satin",...... then under any fasteners, etc, it was GLOSS black. I believe time and the elements may have an effect on the sheen of the paint, or a manufacturing plant variation.

Food for thought......

Interesting, always thought it was a simple flat black like the front of the radiator support. Another thing I noticed is that there wasn't much preparation before painting the black, it seems to flake off very easily to reveal body color underneath.

Dave, in that first photo, what is that above the fuse block, is that a cover of some sort?

Interesting, always thought it was a simple flat black like the front of the radiator support. Another thing I noticed is that there wasn't much preparation before painting the black, it seems to flake off very easily to reveal body color underneath.

Dave, in that first photo, what is that above the fuse block, is that a cover of some sort?

Yes...it is

Food for thought......

The first photo is of the cowl on a 62000 mile garage kept it's whole life car, I suppose it is possible. Are you suggesting Trev that it is the same paint on the inner door of black interior cars?

image.jpeg
The first photo is of the cowl on a 62000 mile garage kept it's whole life car, I suppose it is possible. Are you suggesting Trev that it is the same paint on the inner door of black interior cars?
Look at these closely. Under washer is Gloss, and on the edge where no elements it had a "gloss or semi gloss" look to it. Maybe you have to see it in person. I always assumed it was satin, but now I'm thinking semi-gloss.

Back