Ride last night..!!

66SportFury

Reaction score
My buddy Danny picked me up in his beautiful 67 Coronet R/T last night and we took a ride on the Garden State Parkway after driving to Long Beach Island. On the way back we hit the parkway from the Manahawkin entrance back to Tuckerton were we live. On the way back a black Infinity Q70 V8 model pulls along side ($63,000 car) and egged Danny on. They are rated at 420hp. The guy hits it and Danny hits it and the Coronet pulled away like it was nothing. Jippy Jap was no competition for the Coronet. This continued 3 times and each time the Coronet pulled on the Q70 without a problem. The 4th time the guy pulls up and give us the thumbs up. We had a great time.

Last edited:
There is that much highway space between 72 and Tuckerton on the Parkway?

I was in your neck of the woods last Saturday, Smithville, Mystic Island and Osborne Island... Wish I realized you were right there I would have stopped by

C-o-r-O-n-e-t.

I've owned Coronets for over 35 years.The misspelling "cornet" just bugs the crap out of me.

I was in your neck of the woods last Saturday, Smithville, Mystic Island and Osborne Island... Wish I realized you were right there I would have stopped by

Hell Dave, for what it is worth ya could have stopped by here also, Exit 36. Tuckerton is 58.

5 miles between those exits.
Anytime you're down here shoot me a PM and we can meet up and take a ride in the Fury.

They just never learn, do they.

No they don't especially when you have a 10 second car..!! After he dropped me off, he went back for some more and the R/T wasted an AMG C-Series Benz and a 370 Z. I would say that was a good night.

5 miles between those exits.
Anytime you're down here shoot me a PM and we can meet up and take a ride in the Fury.
really? That many..... ?

When I do get down there my wife is always with me....... Should come down for a show in the spring

Wow, 10 sec. that's good n fast. Guess that guy was surprised. Does the R/T have a roll bar - or anything to give it away? I guess not if the clown in the Q didn't notice it at first.

Wow, 10 sec. that's good n fast. Guess that guy was surprised. Does the R/T have a roll bar - or anything to give it away? I guess not if the clown in the Q didn't notice it at first.

Yeah his car is crazy fast. No roll bar and looks stock. It has aluminum 500's on it, with redline radials on the front and nitto DR's on the rear. Car is nasty.

C-o-r-O-n-e-t.

I've owned Coronets for over 35 years.The misspelling "cornet" just bugs the crap out of me.

Could be worse ........ I hear "I never heard of a corvette 500 before" . I don't even know what to say when I hear that... And it happens a lot.

No they don't especially when you have a 10 second car..!! After he dropped me off, he went back for some more and the R/T wasted an AMG C-Series Benz and a 370 Z. I would say that was a good night.

Ten second car !?! What is he running in that car ?

Here are the specs:
R/T Quick Specs
Short-blockRay Barton 493 built 70 440, {{{Eagle}}} crank 4340-steel forging 4.15 stroke, JE flat-top pistons, Manley/Barton H-beam rods
CamshaftLunati VooDoo roller, 255/263 duration at .050-inch lift, .600-inch lift
ValvetrainComp roller lifters, Hi-Tech 3/8-inch pushrods, Pro {{{Magnum}}} roller rockers, dual valvesprings, Titanium retainers
HeadsEdelbrock Performer RPM, 2.14/1.81 valves, ported, flow 293/227 cfm at .600-inch lift.
InductionMP M1 single plane, polished plenum, dividers, runners, except floor left as-cast, no gasket matching. Wilson Manifolds 1-inch, 4-hole tapered spacer (PN 004110). Holley 950HP, 78 jets, 40 squirters.
Exhaust2-inch tti headers, 3-inch tti exhaust with DynoMax Ultra Flo mufflers.
DrivetrainPro-Formance-built 727 with rollerized planetary, Hemi governor for auto upshifts at 6,{{{200}}} rpm, Dynamic 9.5-inch converter. Denny's 4-inch HD aluminum driveshaft. Randy's Ring and Pinion-built 83/4 w/3.55s and Detroit Locker, {{{Yukon}}} axles.
SuspensionFFI and Magnum Force front-end components, Stock leaf springs re-arched with 1 leaf added per side, QA1 shocks.
Ray Barton Wedge develop 660 lb/ft of torque at 4,100 rpm, and 621 hp at 5,600 rpm at the flywheel.

mopp_0602_32z+1967_dodge_coronet+cornering.jpg

mopp_0901_11_z+493_engine_block_camshaft_upgrade+front_view.jpg

Ray.jpg

1743565_10152016797854862_1870345777_n.jpg

Back