Road Trip Skyline Drive, Virginia

It's a pretty area and a nice drive, especially on those late summer early fall days. Just make sure you check to see if there are any closures in the area you intend to drive, which usually happens to me for some reason, but I usually go spur-of-the-moment when I'm in the area.

That happened to me twice in the past. I'll be sure to check for closures before departing next time.

You weren't very far from me when you were at the north end of Skyline Drive in Front Royal. It is a nice scenic drive. Just wish the speed limit was a bit higher and the admission price a bit lower.

One of my winter projects was scanning my old slides. Photo albums still to be done. Every trip into a separate folder.

Someday I will have that kind of free time I guess. I am sure it must be a bittersweet journey for you though :(

Thanks for posting Pete!

[QUOTE="Jim 68cuda, Just wish the speed limit was a bit higher and the admission price a bit lower.[/QUOTE]

Speed limit is perfect, You usually can't go much faster than what's posted anyway. It's not the route to take if your in a hurry.
There is no charge to drive on the Blue Ridge parkway. Skyline drive is free with a senior pass.

[QUOTE="Jim 68cuda, Just wish the speed limit was a bit higher and the admission price a bit lower.

)

Speed limit is perfect, You usually can't go much faster than what's posted anyway. It's not the route to take if your in a hurry.[/QUOTE]

I pulled over in to every outlook to take in the view.

It was a very enjoyable day!

:usflag:

Screenshot_20190612-144648_Chrome.jpg

Back