Road Wheel Restoration

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I've been working on restoring a set of road wheels. Here's a before and after picture. One done three to go....

DSC01986.jpgDSC01985.jpg

DSC01986.jpg

DSC01985.jpg

Nice job Bob, clean your tires before you put them on the car. You get my vote...

Thanks all..........a lot of work for sure....but worth it. Usually anything I have to do with paint never turns out.

That is still the only wheel that should be on C bodies. Nice job Bob

< Sent from my tablet >

That is still the only wheel that should be on C bodies. Nice job Bob

< Sent from my tablet >

Thanks Stan!

I agree only road wheels on C-Body formals for sure. Factory wheels covers look great on formals too.

Actually that one is for a 79. The 78 Wheel cover emblem was the same as the hood ornament. Did you find the last centre cap for your road wheel set?
Please post pics of that blue beauty with the road wheels on it when you're done.

imagesCAYNCRYF.jpg

Actually that one is for a 79. The 78 Wheel cover emblem was the same as the hood ornament. Did you find the last centre cap for your road wheel set?
Please post pics of that blue beauty with the road wheels on it when you're done.

Yes, I found I found the center cap. I broke down and bought a NOS one. The dome 3699011 was $76.24 and the cap 3580360 was $24.19 with shipping it totaled $112. Damn, NOS looks nice. I'll post pictures when I get them on.

Which will be the moment you turn it into a used part. :)

Cleaning these thoroughly will be no fun.

Back