Rock auto

Just bought a gas tank from them for the 70 fury cheaper than the exact same tank that was.in town here....if l don't get nailed with brokerage will b good buy

I've been using Rock Auto for a few years now. Good prices, quality parts, fast shipping and they usually get the order right.
You have to watch the shipping charges though, parts are shipped from multiple suppliers.

You have to watch the shipping charges though, parts are shipped from multiple suppliers.
They have programmed the Checkout so that on orders with multiple items, it's impossible to select items to all come out of one location.
Example: You have an order with 3 items.
Item #1 ships from Location A
Item #2 ships from Location B
Item #3 ships from Location C.

So you change Item #3 to a like item that says it ships from Location A.

Item #1 (previously saying it ships from Location A) mysteriously gets shifted to ship from Location D.
WTF.

You can't win. It's a scam and it's how they really make their money. I exposed this scam, WITH PROOF, on Moparts several years ago and a $hitStorm erupted over there with RA.

They have programmed the Checkout so that on orders with multiple items, it's impossible to select items to all come out of one location.
Example: You have an order with 3 items.
Item #1 ships from Location A
Item #2 ships from Location B
Item #3 ships from Location C.

So you change Item #3 to a like item says it ships from Location A.

Item #1 (previously said it ships from Lication A) mysteriously gets shifted to ship from Location D.
WTF.

You can't win. It's a scam and it's how they really make their money. I exposed this scam, WITH PROOF, on Moparts several years ago and a $hitStorm erupted over there with RA.

One thing I've found is to "reset" all the shipping options and then have it figure out shipping costs again and that always seems to give me a cheaper outcome.

I think their point of sale software has a glitch that doesn't add up the true shipping costs correctly on the first go round. It's kind of convenient for them that it works out in their favor. If that was meant to be, I can't say. All I know is what I've experienced.

With everything, I look at shipping costs versus buying it locally. Sometimes, it's just easier to buy what I want at RA rather than deal with this week's new Advanced Zone counter guy.

My long time friend at NAPA just told me he's moving south, so I may have to depend on other sources like RA.

Rock Auto offers fog light bulb for 2011 Jeep GC for around $7 plus shipping. Napa wanted $44 plus tax, I think advance was about $36

An H11 bulb should be 12-14 bucks tops. WTF?
Advance was 14.
I find myself surprised when I take the time to shop all the chains... you would think they would be closer in price than they are.

Always been pleased with RA and happy to pass my 5%

Here is the coupon code for the 5%

to Use Your Discount Code

Enter the code above in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" space on the checkout page (above your payment information). Do not enter any other text in that space or the discount will not apply.

Please note: Discount only valid for orders placed online. Code must be entered before order is submitted.
The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices. There's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on February 5, 2017 so don't wait!

Just bought a gas tank from them for the 70 fury cheaper than the exact same tank that was.in town here....if l don't get nailed with brokerage will b good buy
Critter, let me know how it is when you get it if you would. I need one for my '70 as well.

I find myself surprised when I take the time to shop all the chains... you would think they would be closer in price than they are.
Phhtt. Who needs "fog" lights anyway. They are as useless as the Pope's ballz and is more bling than function.

Another great Wisconsin based company....yeah for Brats, Beer and Cheese.

P.S. Good Luck to the Packers on winning their division this weekend.

Back