Rust removal on my 66 Polara

What did you do with the trunk floor that was damaged in transit?

I had it replaced with another one free of charge so I have 2 now.
I make use the damaged one to help me make the trunk plate area where the spare tire would go if it wasn't a convertible

Very impressive! Looks good. I'd be afraid of trying to line everything back up.
The aligning up part is much easier than it looks. cross referencing the distances and securing as required. this car didn't need much pulling to keep lined up

One last thing is once I am done the trunk and have it back on the wheels I am replacing the floor pan as well which will pretty much make the underside totally rust free!

Well I have the frame welded into place now and test fitting the trunk pan from c2c fabrication

Although it is not a factory stamped pan it's looking like it's going to work out

I also removed the floor pan and cleaning the rails up and expect to install the donor pan within the next week

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Floor's out and rails prepped for the new floor. I just have to prep the new floor for installation this weekend. I hope...
I wiped the one side down last night with some varsol and took some pics to show how easy the clean up of this is going to be.
This new floor is in amazing condition!

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0140_Reduced.jpg

IMG_0141_Reduced.jpg

the white paint is some minor rust removal done by the bodyd shop that pulled this pan out of the Fury that became the donor car for Mark's restoration project.

that's a lot of drilling spot welds. keep up the good work

The body shop that dismantled the car did the spot weld removal.they did a great job:D

I test fit the floor pan in the car tonight.
It fit in very nicely I am very happy to state!

I have to prep the remaining floor pan in the front and prep for paint along with adding 3" to the rear section so the passengers aren't doing a Fred Flintstone in the back! :)

IMG_0180.JPG

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

thanks for your support everyone. it's a tough job doing this all on my own.
I just have to take it one day at a time and eventually it will be back ready for cruising.

Back