Rust removal on my 66 Polara

I finally got back home and now stripped and painted the trunk deck lid today.
Gas tank is ready to install as well :)
IMG_1212.JPG
IMG_1214.JPG
IMG_1217.JPG

Tank is in, the front seat is in with the manual adjustment still
The power adjuster will have to wait until next winter :(

Trim is in for now until Murray B Park ships the Re-popped sill plates.

Just have to wait for the backing plates to dry then the differential is next on the list and then this Polara is ready for the road!
IMG_1224.JPG
IMG_1238.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

Last edited:
it's close my FCBO friend, it's close to the correct position.. thanks for the reminder, I'll take a pic and post it.

Well boys it's time to slide this one into the done column.
I have put about 100 miles on the Polara since last night and other than a few little adjustments this one is now in the gone column.:thumbsup:

Well boys it's time to slide this one into the done column.
I have put about 100 miles on the Polara since last night and other than a few little adjustments this one is now in the gone column.:thumbsup:
Congrats. Are you going to put another couple of hundred on tomorrow going to spring fling in Mississauga?

Now i don't mean this in a bad way... but I'm going to miss the work done in this thread...

Looking really good
img_1267-jpg.80452

I wouldn't do anything but drive her for a while...

Well... I have a steering gear to do and some electrical upgrades still n' some other little items like an aluminum rad and electric fan setup.

Next winter will be the disc brake conversion kit from Pirate Jack.

Otherwise this car will see a lot of road this year!

Now i don't mean this in a bad way... but I'm going to miss the work done in this thread...

Looking really good
img_1267-jpg.80452

I wouldn't do anything but drive her for a while...
Thanks, I understand.
One day in the distant future I will do the exterior body on this car so it doesn't wave to you:lol: as I drive by!

Back