Scarlett the New Yorker

You got a price in mind & what condition is it in

Its a Pontiac 350, Auto Car, Console. Bucket Seats. Interior is pretty nice. Seats have no rips or tears and the dash hasn’t been molested . Frame rails, Floor plans and the trunk are all solid - especially for a Northern car. Deck lid may need to be replaced. Drivers side rocker panel needs attention. Fenders and quarters are straight. Car runs and drives - needs a master cylinder.

Not really sure what I’d sell it for. Not gonna get what I got it for. I’m pretty flexible. Probably 10.5 and let someone work me down.

Its a Pontiac 350, Auto Car, Console. Bucket Seats. Interior is pretty nice. Seats have no rips or tears and the dash hasn’t been molested . Frame rails, Floor plans and the trunk are all solid - especially for a Northern car. Deck lid may need to be replaced. Drivers side rocker panel needs attention. Fenders and quarters are straight. Car runs and drives - needs a master cylinder.

Not really sure what I’d sell it for. Not gonna get what I got it for. I’m pretty flexible. Probably 10.5 and let someone work me down.
Are you planning on bringing it down sometime

Finally decided to take out the carpet. I’m in a pretty humid climate so I’m tired of popping the trunk and the carpet being soaked. Here’s a picture for @ImpJay

EBE1CE75-5962-4A5B-AC6C-61A06314B5F3.jpeg

Question: will a car ordered with a dress up kit be specified on the build sheet? I haven’t found my sheet yet and it’s probably in my rear seat. Already checked my drivers seat. Haven’t found the energy to be on the hunt for it.

The exhaust noise had been increasingly growing in the front cabin so I took a trip under and found a growing crack under the front passenger. Will have to take it to a shop and get it dropped.

Some PO put dual exhaust and cherry bomb glasspacks on the car and while it sounds great - the added exhaust looks alittle goofy. Didn’t even have enough tack to put a real factory style hanger on it so it rattles slightly at idle. Probably will revert back to a single turn down or at the very least a H-Pipe with mufflers.

CB4C27A4-F4CD-4DC8-86EB-0F89DEE8D456.jpeg

261E0F9B-46C0-410B-98B4-D64B32C0FB4C.jpeg

002431F8-09DD-458B-B9FF-CDC5BA704DAA.jpeg

DD03E9E8-588F-4FE5-97A9-C197185F3FE6.jpeg

Just been doing a lot electrical work - chasing bad grounds and fixing old connectors and a lot of driving. Replaced reverse lights with 1195s and cornering lamps with 796 bulbs. Both alittle big but there are seldomly used so shouldn’t be a problem. They really do help light up the way at night. Found a replacement seat switch to mine with a broken center so can finally adjust it. The tilt motor i believe is seized so boohoo but the other 2 remain.

Changed the oil and filter today so it should be good for the season. Took the time to try and decarbonize the top end a bit - but considering it’s only a 36,000 mile engine - it can’t be too built up. Little smoke.
Engine has been dieseling a bit, curb idle is alittle high but engine does fine with 89 Octane even on a hot day. Gonna turn it down to 750RPM and see if it continues. Feels weird to have only put close to 900 miles on the car this year.

Plans coming up are just rebuilding the carb, tuning it to be a bit leaner, fixing the windshield wiper reservoir, and flushing the radiator. Fan clutch has no resistance in it when cold so it could be bad but I have no overheated once even in smoldering summers so knock on wood.

Are you planning on bringing it down sometime

Probably not - I really wish i did when i had the chance but I only have 2 years left down here - and 3 cars would be a bit much to transport back up yonder.

Last edited:
A good exhaust shop should get you all fixed up, a pair of factory style mufflers should make sound better. They should be able to make a new piece at the manifold to replace that section of the original crossover that is broke

Finally decided to take out the carpet. I’m in a pretty humid climate so I’m tired of popping the trunk and the carpet being soaked. Here’s a picture for @ImpJay

View attachment 234650

Question: will a car ordered with a dress up kit be specified on the build sheet? I haven’t found my sheet yet and it’s probably in my rear seat. Already checked my drivers seat. Haven’t found the energy to be on the hunt for it.

The exhaust noise had been increasingly growing in the front cabin so I took a trip under and found a growing crack under the front passenger. Will have to take it to a shop and get it dropped.

Some PO put dual exhaust and cherry bomb glasspacks on the car and while it sounds great - the added exhaust looks alittle goofy. Didn’t even have enough tack to put a real factory style hanger on it so it rattles slightly at idle. Probably will revert back to a single turn down or at the very least a H-Pipe with mufflers.

View attachment 234655

View attachment 234653

View attachment 234654

View attachment 234657

Just been doing a lot electrical work - chasing bad grounds and fixing old connectors and a lot of driving. Replaced reverse lights with 1195s and cornering lamps with 796 bulbs. Both alittle big but there are seldomly used so shouldn’t be a problem. They really do help light up the way at night. Found a replacement seat switch to mine with a broken center so can finally adjust it. The tilt motor i believe is seized so boohoo but the other 2 remain.

Changed the oil and filter today so it should be good for the season. Took the time to try and decarbonize the top end a bit - but considering it’s only a 36,000 mile engine - it can’t be too built up. Little smoke.
Engine has been dieseling a bit, curb idle is alittle high but engine does fine with 89 Octane even on a hot day. Gonna turn it down to 750RPM and see if it continues. Feels weird to have only put close to 900 miles on the car this year.

Plans coming up are just rebuilding the carb, tuning it to be a bit leaner, fixing the windshield wiper reservoir, and flushing the radiator. Fan clutch has no resistance in it when cold so it could be bad but I have no overheated once even in smoldering summers so knock on wood.

To the exhaust, I highly recommend duals with good turbo style mufflers but without any crossover pipe. Your not racing, so the extra torque is not truly necessary and you´d get that wonderful big block rumble.

What are the other octane ratings? Here in Finland the ``lesser`` is rated to 95 and the premium is 98 octane gasoline.

Looks like you're doing a nice job getting "Scarlett" into shape.:thumbsup:

One thing... can you get rid of those hideous "cop car" bumper guards? The rear of that car deserves better. Imho.

Octane ratings are calculated differently in Europe and in the USA. I found a good description on the differences on this board somewhere, some time ago, but can’t find the thread now.

What are the other octane ratings? Here in Finland the ``lesser`` is rated to 95 and the premium is 98 octane gasoline.

There’s a lot available - but at a standard gas station in America, there’s usually 87 as the low grade. 89 mid grade, which is common down south or in the west, 91 as mid grade, more common up north, and then 93 as premium. In some very select states - there’s also 88, 90, and 92.

The Economist: ”In Europe, the octane rating on the pump is simply the RON figure. America, by contrast, uses the average of the RON and the MON figures, called the AKI (anti-knock index). Thus, 97 octane “super unleaded” in Britain is roughly equivalent to 91 octane premium in the United States.”

Okay @78Brougham - I headed your advice and took it off for a while. The first few days it looked “naked” to me, but after a few weeks I agree it looks much better. I mean at the end of the day, it is a Chrysler, not a Plymouth.

682552CA-647E-40F8-A675-0BD380610B4A.jpeg

Did about a 250 mile drive last night. All was well. About 200 miles in - we parked and went to get some drive in ice cream. Came back and brakes were off. Hitting the floor and not stopping off. Popped the master and the rear brakes were close to empty. Looks like the fluid leaked through the master cap. Stopped at a gas station, filled up, tried bleeding a bit, and they were still off. Slugged my way home the last 50.

Decided to pop off the wheels and take a look at the components to see if there were any failures.

DFC4A7D3-9FD2-4151-BDB4-2A5FB9C61168.jpeg

1CCC1BBA-E103-4249-9688-5207A73AC3FF.jpeg

7FC5A4C8-895C-4F7A-9961-8ABC27BDC429.jpeg

809D3C40-0E2E-4297-B906-E8C0ED8B1946.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay @78Brougham - I headed your advice and took it off for a while. The first few days it looked “naked” to me, but after a few weeks I agree it looks much better. I mean at the end of the day, it is a Chrysler, not a Plymouth.

View attachment 242268

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Now just fill in the holes with some chrome covered bumper bolts!

At least the wheel cylinders look dry, but everything else exploded....
All in all not to bad, you'll get it sorted. Keep up the good work.

Broken self adjuster cable, I wouldn't worry about the holes in the drum. They look like someone drilled them. Some GM's didn't have a slot in the backing plate to access the adjuster to you had to drill or drive the knockout from the drum face. Yours should have a slot in the backing plate so I can't explain why someone would drill the drum.

Had a good set of driver tail lenses with the trim still on them. Broke off the tabs and used a thin adhesive to really get them planted on there.

Also stole a set of road wheels and caps from Gary a few weeks ago. I need to blast them and paint. Debating which car to put them on. The Fury or this girl?

D7609A0D-25E1-4F85-B29C-48CEF8E97C19.jpeg

Had a good set of driver tail lenses with the trim still on them. Broke off the tabs and used a thin adhesive to really get them planted on there.

Also stole a set of road wheels and caps from Gary a few weeks ago. I need to blast them and paint. Debating which car to put them on. The Fury or this girl?

View attachment 242470

My vote goes for the Chrysler, but your cars, so you have to make the final decision.:D

Hmmmm very hard choice, that Fury convertible is a pretty sweet ride too. I'd put them on the Fury till you get Scarlett fully sorted. There are always more sets of road wheels when the time is right, but it's your decision.

Back