Scenicruisin'..?

Here's another cool one.
11539.png

1961 CROWN COACH BUS 40' Converter into Motor Home

I love the look of a Buffalo but I'm not a fan of the V-drive. The Scenicruiser was the only T-drive GM ever built.

Lots of Prevosts around, 40 years newer in ready to enjoy condition at your price point and most of them don't have 100,000 miles on them if they were converted from new.

Kevin
I think some of the older stuff, like the one Matt caught was T-drive... but Flxible went a long time with right turning engines and the "drop box" gears to make them turn the differential from the front.

00-1-2-2-2-jpg.jpg
00-1-2-2-2-jpg.jpg
00-1-2-2-3-jpg.jpg
00-1-2-3-jpg.jpg

They are hard to think of as the same for me... but the built one is going to be much cheaper...

the purp-roon one had a roof job (among other things), according to my Whisperer, to accomodate better AC, electronics for appliances, and eliminate the panoramic window for aerodynamics. t

however the dead-gveways (other than dimensions/body tags which you cant tell from these pics): cockpit, lower quartile exterior, and the front door with trapezoidal window are all PD 4905 design cues. all the purp-roon side windows have been replaced.

AND yep the built ones, in my limited experience, are ALWAYS cheaper. Seems you'll never get your investment IN building one back .. so the moral of that story is becoming very clear to me.

Easy on the vanity of "my own bus" and save a buncha orange money.

Bus Conversion Log

Neat build of a buffalo .. ended before the project was finished. lotsa pic links in process if you have time on your hands to study the build progress.

heres the deal on the roof thing btw if you look at post #836 and make same observation cantflip did.

00-1-2-3.jpg
00-1-2-4.jpg

Back