school me on 67 Imperials?

The following lenses are almost always cloudy/cracked/ shot. Good news is that the cornering lamp and hood ornament lense are re-popped. The reverse lenses need to be repopped too...I know I'd buy some.

download.jpg
Front-Corner-Light.jpg
Gas-Door-Silver.jpg

Not exactly true, but I suspect you are largely correct.
The Imperial headlight and dimmer is an assembly with the wiring riveted into the dimmer and headlight switches and is one assembly. C body and other had switches with tabs on them for the wiring harness to plug into. The chrome lever on the Imperial headlight switch is different too and longer.
I suspect that you can take a C body switch and plumb the Imp harness to plug in after cutting the Imp harness and attaching female connectors...but I haven't researched this in the FSM.
I can take pics of my parts Imperial switch assemblies in need be.
Yes what I meant was that both Imps and C’s have switches and dimmers that are rebuildable and it doesn’t cost anymore to do them.

The following lenses are almost always cloudy/cracked/ shot. Good news is that the cornering lamp and hood ornament lense are re-popped. The reverse lenses need to be repopped too...I know I'd buy some.

View attachment 195225 View attachment 195226 View attachment 195227
Where can you get these and how much are they? I’ve got a spare nos hood ornament but I’ve bought a couple of nos cornering light lenses and they weren’t cheap.

That would make a nice car, when done. BUT . . .

When the WPC News did an article on the '67-'68 Imperials in the later '70s or earlier '80s, I was surprised at the Imperial-specific items on it. It was noted then that replacement parts, especially any trim items, were pretty much non-existent (in a pre-eBay or Internet world).

One of the issues with the 4-piston disc brakes was as they aged and the brake fluid surfaces became degraded. NO DIFFERENT than what Corvettes had to deal with, though. THEY did find a fix for their 4-piston disc brake caliper issues.

I do like the gold color, inside and out. With the Chrysler pearl/metallic trim codes back then, it was a beautiful car when new.

Somebody needs to save it, hopefully.

CBODY67

That gold one makes my brain hurt to think about restoring. I can’t imagine how much just the interior would cost.

I seem to be one of the few that prefer the look of the 68 to the 67
Where can you get these and how much are they? I’ve got a spare nos hood ornament but I’ve bought a couple of nos cornering light lenses and they weren’t cheap.
Hood ornament made by these guys (not cheap):
Imperial International emblems

I can't find the link for the cornering lamp right now...maybe they stopped making them?

And it’s made in 2 pieces...

I see that you said that it did not work...any guesses as to why not?
We did manage to get the dash and tail lights to work but not the headlights.
All that work and did not get ahead,threw in the towel and got a really good switch and dimmer from a low mile car as a core and sent it in to get rebuilt.
Four switches that car went through in 7 years...
Needless to say I can re and re a 67/67 Imp dash in the dark (literally).
All went the same way. The toggle contacts inside the switch burnt.
I did install a headlamp harness with relays and I am awaiting the rebuilt switch..

The turn signal switch for the tilt/tele is perhaps the biggest hill to climb on these.
Yeah, that's a hurdle on that column for any C, but an Imp is more likely to have it.

Beautiful blue one was just posted recently. Around $8,000.
For Sale - Re-listed with price drop: Beautiful '67 Imp in DC for $8k
An that's exactly the caliber of car (and price) I would be looking for. I like just about everything on that one.

As a former long time owner of a 67 Crown Coupe I think anyone looking to buy especially needs to remember #5.
Yes, the valuation of the car is fully appreciated on this one, and I'm OK with that. I've never owned a classic car that people would lu$t over.

Thanks for all the other replies, guys!
Keep 'em coming if you have any more.

LeBaron had an exclusive, smaller back window and the best interior as standard equipment. Until ‘69, all LeBarons were four-door hardtops.

Back