School me on C-body truisms

This 74 anniversary special edition coupe is available here. A good solid car with 90K miles. Well optioned and everything works, including the A/C and cruise. It's one of 51 built, although I don't think that effects the value much, it's still an interesting conversation point. It could use a little TLC but is in drive anywhere condition. For $5500. I don't think you could build one.
PM if interested for more details.
Will.
DSC04052.JPG

This 74 anniversary special edition coupe is available here. A good solid car with 90K miles. Well optioned and everything works, including the A/C and cruise. It's one of 51 built, although I don't think that effects the value much, it's still an interesting conversation point. It could use a little TLC but is in drive anywhere condition. For $5500. I don't think you could build one.
Will.
View attachment 146643

They don't get any better... other than that color... and that roof line...

@$5500... think he'll throw in that old white roadmaster in the distance? I kinda miss the one I used to drive to work everyday... "marshmallow ride" makes my Formals sporting cars by comparison.:D

Will.
View attachment 146643

Would I have but garage and wallet enough! I'm priming myself for a Spring, '18 purchase. If it's still around...

Would I have but garage and wallet enough! I'm priming myself for a Spring, '18 purchase. If it's still around...
In all seriousness, if this or another car becomes a clear winner... you should begin a dialogue with the owner and get serious about what and how you can afford to fund the vehicle.

I know that brings up a thousand issues or possibilities, but you may find the seller decides to reduce the car just to get it gone or to assure it gets to a good home.

I would not recommend doing that if you're still on the fence about which one you want... nobody likes to be tire kicked.

[QUOTE="cantflip, you should begin a dialogue with the owner and get serious about what and how you can afford to fund the vehicle.

I know that brings up a thousand issues or possibilities, but you may find the seller decides to reduce the car just to get it gone or to assure it gets to a good home.
QUOTE]

Trust me. this guy does not move fast. We made a deal on the 72 coupe, but he had to get the paperwork in order and transfer to his name. He says it's in order now but it's been a month. I have a theory, It's the silver spoon syndrome.

what if we culled facts, cautions, concerns, experiences from each owner here of given C-body models and years. We could create a C-body Buyer's Guide.

(...)I was a newspaper reporter for decades. I know how to take assembled facts, opinions, anecdotes, and present them in a way that pleases the automotive palate.

Most buyer's guides I have seen are long on pictures, car lust, and price/value estimations. Darned few seem to be able to tell a prospective buyer the useful caveats and tips you guys possess. I could take everything you guys send me, season it with just a few anecdotes, pics and trivia but ensure the guide is more meat and potatoes than salt. We could make a digital version of it available on this website for a pittance (say $5) that raises funds for website maintenance!
We could start by having any interested participants send me info on their make/model/year ride and their experiences. I could add research. And I would tap you guys to look over my drafts to check technical accuracy and separate opinion from fact. The appendices could include vendors by region, perhaps.
Any thoughts?
Yep, I think this is a great idea. Got some thoughts. PM me if you’re still up for it.

Back