Show me your raised whites!....please

Northcoast300h

Reaction score
After 22yrs, I guess its time to get another set...but Kelly discontinued these. There's still plenty of tread since I put less than 1000 miles on every year and its garage kept. No cracks that I can see front or back. Great tires. Maybe I should keep driving on them?

The only raised whites I like are the good old BF Goodrich...but everyone has those. So maybe I missed a manufacturer...thanks

IMG_E4882.JPG

I have had issues with BFG's turning brown on the edges and nothing on the planet will stop them from browning out. In fact, BFG has been warrantying some because of the issue. I would think about Cooper Cobra's or Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T

My favorites are cooper cobras. When mine is road ready Ill be buying them again.

22 years it’s time for new ones. You don’t want one to fail,and damage the car. It may, or it may not, are you a gambler?

Cooper cobras work good, I have 2 sets.

BFG is a low quality tire, can’t believe they sell so many of them. When I buy a car with them on they get sold off real quick. Poor traction in wet weather and on grass at car shows and washing them at home.

Has anyone used the Michelin Defender LTX 235/75R15 tires on any of their cars? They are not cheap, to say the least, but I would expect their performance in rain/snow to be very good.

1697811942005.png

Thanks everyone. My car isn't fast at all, so I drive it like a normal car. I don't need performance tires, just looking for something round with nice raised white that won't blow out. Those Coopers aren't too expensive but "Cooper Cobra's" reminds me of that group of kids from the movie "Karate Kid"

Anyone have any Mastercrafts or Hercules?

I'm cheap so goofy question. Has anyone ever bought blackwalls and painted the letters with flexible white? How did it turn out?

I think Michelins are the best tires out there, but too expensive for me. I like those Mickey Thompsons but they are too expensive.

Is the brownish BF's throughout or can they be cleaned? I found wiping them with a clean towel quickly with carb cleaner will clean off anything.
Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 16-37-53 Set of 4 (FOUR) Cooper Cobra Radial G_T 225_70R15 100T A_S A...png
Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 16-36-54 HERCULES H_P 4000 P225_70R15 100T SL 440 A B RWL ALL SEASON ...png
Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 16-38-54 Mastercraft Avenger G_T All Season P225_70R15 100T Passenger...png

I am thinking of making the defender into a white wall.
That would be ideal. Can you share your experience with it?

The specific Defender that I am looking at (for my DD Roadmaster wagon) is the LTX M/S in 235/75R15 size and 109T load/speed rating. It is relatively high-rated by Consumer Reports.

Here is a photo of my Buick with RWL Futura in that same size. The Futuras came with the car when I acquired it 8 months ago, and the 8k miles I have put on them since have been surprisingly great (@david hill can confirm).

1697924759599.png

PS: I know, I know, a 1996 Buick is not a fuselage C-body, so here is a photo of Snow White, my 1970 white Polara 'vert, with RWL.

1697925658917.png

Last edited:
Back