Screenshot of the Day

IMG_20220921_143400969_HDR.jpg

South park fans, remember season 5 episode 7? It never ceases to amaze me how satirical cartoons predict the future. To quote the kids in the episode " more like Ms. Makes me sick" teacher - " it's chokesondik!"

Screenshot_20220924-193337.png

this is what life looks like with no accountability or consequences. People will do what they can get away with, for as long as possible.

My only classic car. A 1987 Olds Cutlass w/307 four barrel. Just 140 HP.

Attachments

• My Cutlass.pdf
    324.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Cutty interior.pdf
    192.8 KB · Views: 108
I had a blue one in 1996. I loved that car, it was a nightmare though. The night I bought it, the muffler and tailpipe fell off at a gas pump. Two says later the transmission went south and left the car in my driveway. I did manage to sell it for more than I bought it though.

I had a blue one in 1996. I loved that car, it was a nightmare though. The night I bought it, the muffler and tailpipe fell off at a gas pump. Two says later the transmission went south and left the car in my driveway. I did manage to sell it for more than I bought it though.
Sorry about your bad luck there. I bought mine in 2007 from the original owner and it had only 45,000 on it then. The only thing I did was to have the exhaust system replaced from the manifolds back including a new cat. Used 2.5 diameter pipe and the shop did a great job. I had the exit rerouted to under the back bumper instead of under the right side rear quarter panel. Mine had the four speed overdrive transmission, which is think was called the TH-200-4R and it's been reliable.

I like those 80s Cutlasses. Popular for the lowrider crowd too.

I had an '84 LeSabre with that same 307 in it....total dog of a motor and high gas consumption too. I think I only achieved about 13mpg after I took out the transmission that had a locking TC in it. But, it was reliable with regular maintenance.

Oldsmobile is my favorite non-Mopar. And the G-body (formerly A-body until the Cutlass Ciera and kin came out) seems to be one of the best GM cars of the era. Those Cutlass Supreme coupes are awesome.

Years ago I stumbled across a fan site (G-body equivalent to FCBO) called “The G Spot.” I wouldn’t try “Googling” that term!

Screenshot_20221031-171825.png

Just out of curiosity, why does it seem that every tan/parchment colored interiors have headrests with the "dried blood splatter" stains.

View attachment 565765

Just out of curiosity, why does it seem that every tan/parchment colored interiors have headrests with the "dried blood splatter" stains.
I’d like to know that, too. I had a ’73 Plymouth Scamp with the same problem. I switched them around to look better from the outside, but the other edges started to take on the burned look, too. I’m guessing a photochemical reaction. But why only tan/gold/parchment, and how to stop it?

I’d like to know that, too. I had a ’73 Plymouth Scamp with the same problem. I switched them around to look better from the outside, but the other edges started to take on the burned look, too. I’m guessing a photochemical reaction. But why only tan/gold/parchment, and how to stop it?
That's what is known via Steve Magnante as the result of a 'Texas Tan'.

Back