Show off your Formal!

heres mine

:70s_rule:

Picture 337.jpg

Picture 338.jpg

Picture 339.jpg

image.jpg

Beautiful Chryslers guys! I thought I'd be odd man out and share my 76 Royal Monaco Brougham with he Diplomat roof package. 400 4bbl, A/C with climate control, power windows, locks, trunk, Factory Road wheels and triple black. Hope you enjoy like I have your cars!

image.jpg

Thanks monaco75! She's 100% original and needs work but she presents herself well! Hopefully someone on here will be parting on out so I can score some parts!

View attachment 45333

Beautiful Chryslers guys! I thought I'd be odd man out and share my 76 Royal Monaco Brougham with he Diplomat roof package. 400 4bbl, A/C with climate control, power windows, locks, trunk, Factory Road wheels and triple black. Hope you enjoy like I have your cars!

Dang......that is nice!!!

More pictures please.

The Road Wheels need new rubber so I robbed the slots from my 76 Charger while she is getting worked on too. :toothy10:
Thanks for the love she's unique to say the least! Anyone know production figures? I've been told it could be on of 700 or so in 76??
I will get ya some more pictures as soon as I can, sadly that picture is from her best angle, she is after all an unrestored original car with some dents dings and the dreaded R word, but hey I'm only into it for about 3000 or so Canadian and that includes a new rebuilt trans with a shift kit.

Great score.

Pictures of the interior and under the hood when you get a chance.

I gave serious consideration to buying that very same car several months back. Nice score, that is a sweet one!

Latest pic of the NYBS, this time outside and with the correct four-piece Salon turbine wheels, which consist of a factory-painted black 15" Road Wheel, the cast aluminum turbine, the '78-only reflective trim ring, and the chrome center cap with medallion:

IMG_0547.JPG

Hi Patrick that was me you were talking to back then, I've just only now found out about this page haha! You were one of the only people I heard from on a serious level. Finally after low ball offers, flaky people, useless trades, and then finally the two late B bodies I was going after sold, I kept her. Still love the car and I never really wanted to sell except I had to have space, if the right late B body comes along I might try selling her again. But for now I'm back working and looking for parts for her.

Well here's some more pictures from after I pulled her out of winter storage last spring, please don' mind the mess she was in! Thankfully now shes staying warm and dry since I've bought a house. She looked worse for ware after I stored her that time, it made me sad I feel I neglected her the winter took its toll on her top. :sad5: And honestly I haven't done much work on improving her looks mainly been searching for parts and working on the mechanical and electrical systems these old girls are a lot more complex and harder to find near me than when I had Cordoba's.
39279769_934.jpg39279765_934.jpg39279771_934.jpg39279751_934.jpg39279752_934.jpg

39279769_934.jpg

39279765_934.jpg

39279771_934.jpg

39279751_934.jpg

39279752_934.jpg

That is a beautiful Monaco! I love the seat material. That interior looks very nice!

Hi Patrick that was me you were talking to back then, I've just only now found out about this page haha! You were one of the only people I heard from on a serious level. Finally after low ball offers, flaky people, useless trades, and then finally the two late B bodies I was going after sold, I kept her. Still love the car and I never really wanted to sell except I had to have space, if the right late B body comes along I might try selling her again. But for now I'm back working and looking for parts for her.

The thing that deterred me from getting the car was distance. The car is a twin to my bro-in-law's car, down to the brocade interior. I'm glad to see that you've kept the car. As few of these around as there are, it's just that much more unique these days. Welcone aboard!

I like the slotted wheels on the car. Granted, the Road Wheels would be correct, as would the wire wheelcovers; but the slots give it a nice, aggressive look without being overbearing.

Patrick, I'm surprised at you of all people.
Going for the aggressive look on a Royal Monaco Diplomat?
I'll have to disagree.

Thanks guys! Patrick I completely understand the distance part, its stopped me a few times too. The interior in the car is one of my favorite features. Does anyone know where I could locate material? The front seat needs repairing. On the wheels I'm torn on what wheels to run on her for the long term, I do like the slots because it's rather unexpected on a car like this, but I like the road wheels too. Ultimately the road wheels or maybe a set of non car correct Magnum 500's with red stripes, I've always liked that wheel and tire package and I think it would look sharp on her.

Back