So far as I dig deeper into my 383

On the intake manifolds I've seen to fit a 4b they don't have the bolt holes drilled for the coil, throttle cable adaptor and so On?
Is the new manifold factory or aftermarket? I will need a picture to know for sure. I can tell you that probably your throttle cable, and trans linkage to the carb is different.

Yeah I was looking at a few aftermarket ones and yes they haven't the hook ups. Might go stock(OEM) 383 4bb. Not really building for mega horsepower you know. I'm sure a edelbrock would out perform a stock one but really don't want to mess around with hook ups you know.

This was my 2bb setup

20180220_134050.jpg

20180220_134058.jpg

Really shoot, I haven't a clue what to do. Traintech do you have a photo of what it should look like? Yes the car came that away and it's a 4 barrel carb on a 2 barrels intake. I did buy the big block mopar book and will look through that as well

Really shoot, I haven't a clue what to do. Traintech do you have a photo of what it should look like? Yes the car came that away and it's a 4 barrel carb on a 2 barrels intake. I did buy the big block mopar book and will look through that as well
Here are some pics of my 1966 300, factory 383 4bbl. The adapter bolts on to the carb and puts the linkage in the correct place.

1966 300 (9).jpg

1966 300 (7).png

1966 300 (10).jpg

1966 300 (11).jpg

1966 300 (12).jpg

Thanks I'll have to study the photos more bc I'm somewhat still loss. Is this the part your referring to in the pic?

Screenshot_20180322-203422.png

This is the part you take off, and then put back on to the adapter after you install it.

DrawOnPhoto_1521772739109.jpg

Ok thanks I'll order one to day, just out of curiosity how could this cause my transmission burn up I know it may sound like a dumb question I'm just curious

So this was setup and this part is what's incorrect . I'll order that part and as always guys thanks a lot
Dan

Screenshot_20180323-062955.png

Ok thanks I'll order one to day, just out of curiosity how could this cause my transmission burn up I know it may sound like a dumb question I'm just curious
The linkage tells the trans the position of the accelerator and carb. Depending on position, input speed, and gear selection, it tells the trans when to upshift, or downshift. Without it, or if it is adjusted wrong, your trans will overheat and burn up the clutch packs.

If the kickdown rod doesn't engage properly, the transmission will fry itself. It looks like the right way, springs holding it forward. It should be explained in the FSM.

The linkage tells the trans the position of the accelerator and carb. Depending on position, input speed, and gear selection, it tells the trans when to upshift, or downshift. Without it, or if it is adjusted wrong, your trans will overheat and burn up the clutch packs.

Yes. The adjusted position of the kick-down lever determines the trans line pressure. Too high, and you blow the seals. Too low, and you burn up the clutch packs.

I have made some very costly mistakes in my 45 years turning wrenches.

Only costly mistake I can think of for myself (more like reputation as it wasn't my dime) was believing someone in "yea we can weld up that aluminum head, do it all the time".

Plus also learned about that time from the BMW mechanics to never try to fix/plane a aluminum head, always replace with a new head.

Back