So I bought this one today.

After 2 coats of clear, new switches in and all cleaned up. Just one more coat before it goes back in.:thumbsup:
2D70C67C-3071-4D57-AEEA-7E6BD854DFC6.jpeg

So, given up on that dream house, huh? :poke:
No but being tied down here might not be something we want for the long term. We will keep our eyes on the inventory and the market over the next year.
Excuse me if you already mentioned it but did you just do a clean up or actually replace the wood grain? In any case it looks great.
I strip and refinish the original.

So where might you rather be.....?
It’s not so much where we would rather be, Mustique is out because...well you don’t need cars there.:p

My 68 is without lights...totally dead. Could you PM me and walk me through what you did? I don't want to hijack your thread.
This won’t take long or derail the thread Matt. All you need to do is send your headlight and panel dimmer switch to be rebuilt, they’re both shot. That’s why you’ve got nothing. I can just guess that these cars have been sitting with intermittent use at best for so long that the switches get ambient moisture in them causing corrosion to build up and without use to shake that corrosion off and keep clean and functioning. Or the other extreme, like my silver car, they just got plum warn out from 50 years of consistent use.

Last edited:
I confess that I do prefer the wood accents in 67 over the bronze used in 68. Since it's nearly all missing in my car, maybe I go with the 67 look...hmmm.

I confess that I do prefer the wood accents in 67 over the bronze used in 68. Since it's nearly all missing in my car, maybe I go with the 67 look...hmmm.
I probably have some good restorable pieces but not a full set. I’m looking into the availability of the veneer. It is very much unlike standard walnut.

This won’t take long or derail the thread Matt. All you need to do is send your headlight and panel dimmer switch to be rebuilt, there both shot. That’s why you’ve got nothing. I can just guess that these cars have been sitting with intermittent use at best for so long that the switches get ambient moisture in them causing corrosion to build up and without use to shake that corrosion off and keep clean and functioning. Or the other extreme, like my silver car, they just got plum warn out from 50 years of consistent use.

This is the issue I had with the 67 Polara Matt. After 46 years of storage just about every electrical contact was inoperable or sporatic at best. I replaced every dash switch with NOS and cleaned all else with contact cleaner.
I still have to go back in and replace the main cluster circuit board and regulator to get the fuel/temp gauges to work right, as well as the panel light switch.

Back seat cleaned up as good as I thought it would.:)
18FC4534-3453-4BE0-84B0-B4FFE9A04485.jpeg
FA2C5DC5-2F87-4525-879F-95C0864CFDBD.jpeg

Back