So I bought this one today.

Fender tag typically has "Scheduled" build date.
The vehicle may or may not have been built on that exact day.
Reading an article on how the computer process was at the time,IBM cards,broadcast sheets,etc. a variance of days even weeks off was not uncommon.
May of 66 is hard to believe since the plant had to retool for the new for 67 body style.
But given the lower production of the Imps that were "carefully built" it is quite possible compared to the mass production of other Chrysler products.
Back then next year model production does not kick in til late August/early September.
Detmatt,being that early I recommend checking to see if she is a "Pilot" car for the Mobile Director package??
Who knows..maybe the 440 in it now is a warranty replacement motor when fairly new--again who knows??
Never say never with Ma Mopar,LOL!!
No, my car is very late, May 26th of ‘67.

Congratulations Matt! I love it. And glad it is in good hands.

Well it’s inside from now on at least!:thumbsup: Spent 10 bucks at the quarter car wash but I’m going to leave it on the trailer as I think it needs more.​
That’s it for now. It took all afternoon to get it out of that back yard.

4C3BD262-C87A-4D63-AA14-CDFF4D4A51FC.jpeg

6E31C9DE-AB4F-40EB-BB86-979E0AC91ED4.jpeg

099F83A4-9E38-49D5-889D-408016E3F5EB.jpeg

The stamp on the pad by the distributor has an assembly date of 4-18 while both the tag and the sheet have 5-26 on them.
It is also stamped for .020 oversized cylinder bore and .010 undersize main and rod bearings which explains why they had to go .060 in order to clean it up past the pitting from being stuck.

Take some detail pics of the rust, I'm curious to see how much work is in it.

Take some detail pics of the rust, I'm curious to see how much work is in it.
Me too, I worked on more parts removal from the engine room for my about an hour last night. When The engine was pulled the exhaust manifolds, starter, power steering pump and ac was left hanging there.:BangHead: Hopefully I have time to get the trans out from underneath it today:BangHead:, pull the gas tank and really take inventory of the rust.

The stamp on the pad by the distributor has an assembly date of 4-18 while both the tag and the sheet have 5-26 on them.
It is also stamped for .020 oversized cylinder bore and .010 undersize main and rod bearings which explains why they had to go .060 in order to clean it up past the pitting from being stuck.

Excuse my ignorance, so was this done from the factory on a brand new engine, or later as a warranty repair, just curious?

How common is it, if it was done on a new engine?

Some shops stamp machine work on block. This could be from the factory.
The worst engines I have seen have all been from Imperials. Barring abuse that seems strange to not put top quality engine assemblies in a premium vehicle.
Early 440s had some problems being the largest bore Chrysler had ever done up to that point. You would think they would have it sorted by over a year into production.

Excuse my ignorance, so was this done from the factory on a brand new engine, or later as a warranty repair, just curious?

How common is it, if it was done on a new engine?
It was factory or at least the stamps stating these facts are in the factory index.

Mother used to have special stamps she used to mark over sized+under sized Cranks, Main Bearing Saddles, so that the whole world knew it left the factory with those modified parts. 4 sided diamond was one of those stamps. The others? the memory fadez, Jer

Mother used to have special stamps she used to mark over sized+under sized Cranks, Main Bearing Saddles, so that the whole world knew it left the factory with those modified parts. 4 sided diamond was one of those stamps. The others? the memory fadez, Jer

I think there was a Maltese Cross in there too, Jer.

Back