So I bought this one today.

Regained some dignity today!:thumbsup:
Nothing makes an Imperial project car look more clapped out than ancient tires that won’t hold air, rusty wheels showing and no skirts.:lol:
So when I saw these whitewalls on the marketplace yesterday at a more than fair price I figured I had at least 2 cars I could use them on, just 2 though as they’re not the right size or good enough for my silver car.:D
124328AD-B6DE-447C-9FAC-778CA8060033.jpeg
5692CB19-09FA-468A-868B-25126808994E.jpeg
67268FD2-C363-4CC2-BFAC-D938450EFB67.jpeg

What year is it Paul?

Kudos to you for getting those beauties back on the road! Nice job.
Thanks but the plum one is FAR from being back on the road but I think I have a good plan.

I pulled the gas tank and have now done a thorough inspection from front to back. It’s a good thing this is a very low mileage car because if it had even 20k more of the same kind of miles on it it might have been enough to push it over the line of being a parts car.
as it stands thankfully it is definitely not a parts car and is quite solid in most of the right places. There’s not even a bubble from the belt line up and I’m now confident that everything in between the left and right frame rails from front to back is rock solid, well accept for the gas tank which has a couple of small holes. The rockers are also solid as are the doors, in fact they close like you’d think they would in a 40k mile car. So it really just needs trunk floor extensions, lower quarters and on the drivers side some outer wheel house and quarter above the wheel opening patchwork. It will also need some light structural work on both sides behind the rear bumper but again nothing too crazy.
Unfortunately the rear lip of the trunk lid is all but gone but because of the wide trim it still looks good from the outside.
Up front the upper cowl, firewall, A-pillars and inner wheelhouses all look solid and just the fenders and outer wheelhouses need work.
FB01C3E1-94F0-4485-9F55-02863723BA62.jpeg
E3E1B820-39B6-4698-BEF9-C03A66B1EA9E.jpeg
4C6B3A16-A8B5-4B7B-983C-F3B92B9F4B5F.jpeg

Great score on the rubber! There's never anything like that around here...

You are a brave soul Matt ! wish I had the space to do more work myself ! I am capable :rolleyes:

Look forward to seeing it finished soon :poke:

You are a brave soul Matt ! wish I had the space to do more work myself ! I am capable :rolleyes:

Look forward to seeing it finished soon :poke:
I’m definitely a glutton when it comes to these cars but I’m beyond maxed out right now. I could not take on another stray.

Back