Started the Newport first time in over a month

You had to settle for only 48 degrees...

And yes, I enjoyed rubbing it in.
8.gif

I suffered for 56 years....

Only because you were a Red Sox fan

Nice castle and American 5th Corps Army HQ in Heildelberg. Is the HQ still there?

images

The hq moved to Wiesbaden this year I think and all installations will be closed by 2015 as far as I know. Haven't been there since 9/11, when they closed all residential areas as well.

We used to get into the residential areas to occasionally empty the vending machines there in the "good old times" when Dr.Pepper wasn't available in German stores. Somehow the US canned stuff tasted better than the plastic bottled Dr. Pepper they sell now everywhere.

I'll never understand why the the U.S. Military always give back the nicest Kaserne's (like all 3 in Augsburg) after spending $$$ millions renovating them. Then keeping places falling apart like Baumholder...even thinking about location strategery.........it doesn't make sense.

I'll never understand why the the U.S. Military always give back the nicest Kaserne's (like all 3 in Augsburg) after spending $$$ millions renovating them. Then keeping places falling apart like Baumholder...even thinking about location strategery.........it doesn't make sense.
Why would you try to apply common sense to the government?

:frozen tongue:Just home from work with the "daily driver". I'm about ready to reconsider that Venus, Fl. real estate offering.

001.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited:
Now that's a classic. Love the art deco chain cover.

Just turned 60 this year and it's even green.

Definitely no convenience store in Venus, you have to hunt it down yourself. I need NYBs recipe for liverwurst. :)

I wish one of us 15 grandkids was smart enough to write the recipe down. All we have now is the memories and address to the German butchers that still make it in Milwaukee today.

So you can still buy snow tires with the stud holes in them?
Damn near killed myself because of those. Like riding on ball bearings when on bare roads, especially when wet

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Sorry Stan, I didn't see this until now. Yes, you can still buy studded tires, or take them in and have them studded at some places. They are only legal during the months I mentioned above, Mainly because of the damage they do to the roads. You can hear a car with studs coming down the street and the police will pull you over if he hears that whine before or after the allowed months. Still a lot of people who carry tire chains up here too.

There's one of those FAIL pictures floating around (I can't find it right now) that shows a Honda or something driving in the snow with chains on the back tires.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

You never drove a truck in a blizzard trying to make your way through unplowed hilly roads.
Just ask Brian from the great white North...

No I havent, just said I havent seen chains in a long time...i am not here to debate my truck driving merits

There was a guy in Minot a few years ago with a pretty nice 71 New Yorker.... He decided he was going to put chains on his car one year. Loose chains - tight wheel wells - You can pretty much imagine what happened to his rear quarter panels.

Back