Started the Newport first time in over a month

Bryan

Reaction score

Nothing to do on the car right now and the roads have been too icy or slushy to drive it so it has been sitting for a while. Weather was fairly warm on Sunday (25 degrees F), so I went out started it and moved it around a bit. It started and drove well, but is a bit cold blooded. It didn't didn't stall, but didn't want to idle smoothly and loped a bit until it warmed up (partially from sticky choke linkage). I videoed while it warmed up if anyone is bored enough to spend a few minutes watching an old 383 running in the cold....:snow plow:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're "Jonesing"....
17.gif

Yes,,,, Can't stand it when I can't drive it.... Pretty much everyday in the summer.. Then I have to go COLD (literally) Turkey in the winter.....:angry9: It is strangly satisfying to just sit there and listen to it run....

I can't complain. It was 70 here today and drove the NY'er 100 miles on country roads.

:Santa3:

Car sounds great.

I grew up on the MN/SD border, just south of smack dead center. ;)

Rub it in Stan...

Had the 71 out over the weekend as was happy with 48 degrees

11 degrees here rightnow. Supposed to get freezing rain and snow today. The car will stay in the garage. The plastic Town and Country will get driven.

I feel for you! So...how long is the average driving season for your location? 6 months out of the year?

Getting a near new winter tire set for my station wagon tomorrow, which says it all. Seller happens to be a serviceman from the armed forces in Patrick Henry Village Heidelberg. Still a couple of US servicemen around here. :sFl_america2:

Not studded, they were banned 40 years ago, just the tread and rubber suited for winter use, they're sort of mandatory as you get into trouble with law enforcement and insurance if you're involved in an accident. This is Germany, everything has to be ruled.

Getting a near new winter tire set for my station wagon tomorrow, which says it all. Seller happens to be a serviceman from the armed forces in Patrick Henry Village Heidelberg. Still a couple of US servicemen around here. :sFl_america2:

Nice castle and American 5th Corps Army HQ in Heildelberg. Is the HQ still there?

images

Studded tires are legal here from Oct thru April. A lot of people still use them actually. There are also places that will stud them for you.
So you can still buy snow tires with the stud holes in them?
Damn near killed myself because of those. Like riding on ball bearings when on bare roads, especially when wet

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Back